Central Oregon Weekend Planner – August 1-4, 2019.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
Flashback Classic Car Show @ Drake Park
- THU-SAT – Car Lovers Rejoice!! The Bend Flashback Cruz is Back!!! 400 cars will show this year… Don’t miss these beautiful machines and a trip down memory lane.
Munch And Music @ Drake Park
- THU – The Original Wailers (reggae).
First Friday Art Walk
- FRI – Stop by each gallery in the Old Mill District during the First Friday Gallery Walk on every first Friday of the month year-round.
Movies In The Park
- FRI – Crook County Parks & Rec invites you to enjoy Movies In The Park. This FREE event takes place on Fridays in Stryker Park in Prineville from 6-10pm. Aug 2nd is Parents Night Out night and features the movie ROBIN HOOD (2018).
2019 Deschutes County Fair
- FRI-SUN – The Centennial Fair and Rodeo celebration offers 100 years of fun since day one with the largest county fair in the state of Oregon.
Beerfest At Pronghorn
- FRI-SUN – Enjoy live music, bites of food, beer tastings, raffles, and a cornhole tournament.
Central Oregon Saturday Market
- SAT – Head to the Central Oregon Saturday Market featuring local artists, businesses, and produce.
CROP Farmer’s Market
- SAT – CROP announces a Saturday Farmers Market in Prineville at Stryker Park. Come buy locally grown produce, beef, pork, bison, lavender and so much more. Support our local farmers/ranchers.
The Legacy Of Apollo
- SAT – Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first humans landing on the Moon. The Oregon Observatory’s NASA Solar System Ambassadors will offer special presentations followed by telescope viewing of the moon and night sky.
Mountain Meadow Quilt Show
- SAT – The Village at Sunriver comes alive with over 300 contemporary and traditional quilts on display in a beautiful outdoor setting.
Music On The Water
- SAT – Elk Lake Resort hosts a summer music series sponsored by Boneyard Beer and Crater Lake Spirits. Float on the lake or sit in front of the stage and enjoy live music.
Summer Concert Series @ Sunriver
- SAT – Bring the family, pull up a blanket and enjoy live music at The Backyard at Sunriver Resort! A different live band will be featured each concert day. Delicious food and local brews, wine and cocktails will be offered during each concert.
Bend Elks Baseball
- SAT-SUN – Nothing says “summer” like a hometown baseball game complete with hot dogs, mascot and other fun activities. August 3, 4 &5 The Elks will host Kelowna and August 6, 7 & 8 they will host Portland
Sisters Farmers Market @ Fir Street Park
- SUN – Sisters Farmers Market invites you to come on down for some small-town fun! Share the bounty of our special town in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Microlocal produce, artisanal foods, handcrafted goods, & more! Now on Sundays—featuring lunch, coffee, wellness demos, music, and a splash pad for the kids.
Turf Tunes @ SHARC
- SUN – The SHARC brings you fun, FREE weekly concerts throughout the summer on Sunday afternoons. Bring a blanket or low chair to SHARC’s John Gray Amphitheater for “Turf Tunes”. Food carts and vendors will be available plus fresh produce farmers market.
- SUN – Head to Craft Kitchen & Brewery to support the Wishing Tree’s School Supply Drive.
Glow Ball Golf
- THROUGH AUG 28 – Glow all night at Sunriver Resort with glowing golf balls, a putter, and fun time with the family.
Kayaking, Paddleboarding, Canoeing
- THROUGH AUG 30 – Head to the Deschutes River for a tour of Tumalo Creek on a rented device. View the crystal blue waters in the middle of the Deschutes National Forest.
- THROUGH SEPT 7 – Mt. Bachelor hosts stunning views for a romantic sunset dinner. Enjoy an eight-course meal with friends or family and end your night with a moonlight chairlift ride down the Mountain.
Mt. Bachelor Bike Park
- ONGOING – The Mt. Bachelor Bike Park offers 13 miles of downhill trails and different options for various skill levels.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
- ALADDIN (2019)
- THE ART OF SELF DEFENSE
- AVENGERS – ENDGAME
- THE BIGGEST LITTLE FARM
- * BRING THE SOUL: THE MOVIE
- ** CAPTAIN MARVEL (Tuesday, Aug. 6, FREE @ the SHARC in Sunriver)
- CRAWL (2019)
- DECONSTRUCTING THE BEATLES – SGT. PEPPER (Monday, Aug. 5, @ the Tin Pan Theater)
- ** DOCTOR WHO: THE END OF TIME (10th Anniversary) (Wednesday, Aug. 7, @ Regal Old Mill 16)
- ECHO IN THE CANYON
- * THE FAREWELL
- * FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW
- ** THE GRATEFUL DEAD MEET-UP 2019 (Thursday, Aug. 1, only @ Regal Old Mill 16)
- ** IT, CHAPTER ONE (re-release) (Saturday, Aug. 3, & Tuesday, Aug. 6, only @ Regal Old Mill 16)
- ** JURRASIC WORLD (Thursday, Aug. 8, FREE @ the SHARC in Sunriver)
- ** THE KARATE KID (Tuesday, Aug. 6, only at 10 Barrel Brewing in Bend)
- THE LAST BLACK MAN IN SAN FRANCISCO
- THE LION KING (2019)
- ** MR. FISH: CARTOONING FROM THE DEEP END (Tuesday, Aug. 6, @ the Tin Pan Theater)
- ONCE UPON A TIME … IN HOLLYWOOD
- PAVAROTTI (2019)
- ** RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (Sunday, Aug. 4, only at Pronghorn)
- ** RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET (Saturday, Aug. 3, FREE @ Twilight Cinemas in The Village at Sunriver.)
- THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS 2
- SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME
- * SWORD OF TRUST
- TOY STORY 4
- WILD ROSE
- Next week’s premieres:
- * THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN (Thursday, Aug. 8, evening premiere @ Regal Old Mill 16)
- * BRING THE SOUL: THE MOVIE (Wednesday, Aug. 7, evening premiere @ Regal Old Mill 16 and Sisters Movie House)
- * DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD (Thursday, Aug. 8, evening premiere @ Regal Old Mill 16 and Sisters Movie House)
- * SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK (Thursday, Aug. 8, evening premiere @ Regal Old Mill)
- * new release.
** limited engagement.
Click here for most movie times/theaters or choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
- Seasonal & FREE!
For a complete list of events in the area for the entire month, please visit Central Oregon Events.