Central Oregon Weekend Planner – August 15-17, 2019.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
Thursday, Aug. 15
Artists In Action
- THU – Visit the Tumalo Art Company in the Old Mill District to watch local artists doing demonstrations inside and outside the gallery, speak with them about their processes, and experience some local art.
- THU-SAT – Come to Bend’s Les Schwab Amphitheater to experience over 200 craft beers, ciders, and wines as part of the annual Bend Brewfest.
William Shakespeare’s TWELFTH NIGHT (Or What You Will)
- THU-SAT – The Guerrilla Shakespeare Co. presents it’s fourth annual Shakespeare production, Twelfth Night (or what you will).
Munch & Music @ Drake Park
- THU – Closing out this summer’s season of free concerts in the park is the Johnny Cash tribute band, Cash’d Out with special guest Dive Bar Theory.
Free Concerts @ The Backyard at Sunriver Resort
- THU-SAT – Bring the family, pull up a blanket and enjoy live music at The Backyard at Sunriver Resort! A different live band will be featured each concert day. Delicious food and local brews, wine and cocktails will be offered during each concert.
Friday, Aug. 16
The Village at Funriver Street Party @ Tumbleweed Toys
- FRI – The Village At Sunriver invites the entire family to Funriver in the Village every Friday from July 26th thru August 16th. Come to the kid’s play area next to Tumbleweed Toys in The Village from 1:00pm-2:30 pm for music, dancing, games, giveaways and more!! This is fun for all ages
Disney’s Newsies – The Musical
- FRI – Stop the presses! This Disney film turned Tony-winning Broadway hit inspires everyone to fight for what’s right and seize the day. Based on the 1992 motion picture and inspired by a true story, Newsies features a Tony Award-winning score by Alan Menken (Little Shop of Horrors, Sister Act) and Jack Feldman and a book by Tony Award winner Harvey Fierstein (Kinky Boots). Newsies is packed with non-stop thrills and a timeless message, perfect for the whole family and every audience.
Saturday, Aug. 17
Central Oregon Saturday Market
- SAT – Head to the Central Oregon Saturday Market featuring local artists, businesses, and produce.
CROP Farmer’s Market
- SAT – CROP announces a Saturday Farmers Market in Prineville at Stryker Park. Come buy locally grown produce, beef, pork, bison, lavender and so much more. Support our local farmers/ranchers.
Culver Crawdad Festival
- SAT – The Culver Crawdad Festival is held in the Culver Veterans Memorial Park typically on the 3rd Saturday in August. This annual event brings together vendors of quilt supplies, wall hangings, rope baskets, metal art, barn wood products, rocks, jewelry, fleece pillowcases, t-shirts, pot holders, Mexican clothing, Mexican food, Tupperware, Native American jewelry, Fry bread, Indian tacos, essential oils, clothing, shaved ice, burgers, corn dogs, kettle corn, hats, gifts, hand-knitted items, soaps, slime, hair ties, bubbles, concrete pots with plants, aprons, cotton candy, toys, frames photos, games, and of course the main event: the Dutch oven cook-off.
Sunriver Nature Center Bird Walk
- SAT – Come to the Sunriver Nature Center and walk with us on the wild side! Join Tom Lawler from 8:30 am – 11:30 am, expert local birder and nature photographer, to discover the rich bird habitats of Sunriver.
Pioneer Park Quilt Show
- SAT – The Mt. Bachelor Quilters Guild is hosting this free show at Pioneer Park in Bend (corner of Portland and Wall) from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Sisters Wild West Show
- SAT-Sun – This is the 7th year for this event. There is a Variety of Arts, Crafts, Some Antiques, Some Commercial and Food. Entertainment will be 9 western skits with a western facade town and demonstrations.
Sunday, Aug 18
Sisters Farmers Market @ Fir Street Park
- SUN – Sisters Farmers Market invites you to come on down for some small-town fun! Share the bounty of our special town in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Microlocal produce, artisanal foods, handcrafted goods, & more! Now on Sundays—featuring lunch, coffee, wellness demos, music, and a splash pad for the kids.
Glow Ball Golf
- THROUGH AUG 28 – Glow all night at Sunriver Resort with glowing golf balls, a putter, and fun time with the family.
Kayaking, Paddleboarding, Canoeing
- THROUGH AUG 30 – Head to the Deschutes River for a tour of Tumalo Creek on a rented device. View the crystal blue waters in the middle of the Deschutes National Forest.
- THROUGH SEPT 7 – Mt. Bachelor hosts stunning views for a romantic sunset dinner. Enjoy an eight-course meal with friends or family and end your night with a moonlight chairlift ride down the Mountain.
Mt. Bachelor Bike Park
- ONGOING – The Mt. Bachelor Bike Park offers 13 miles of downhill trails and different options for various skill levels.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Thursday, Aug. 15
- PAVAROTTI (2019) at the Odem Theater in Redmond
- RIFFTRAX LIVE: GIANT SPIDER INVASION @ Old Mill 16 in Bend
- SWORD OF TRUST at the Odem Theater in Redmond
- WOODSTOCK (1970) [50th Anniversary Director’s Cut] @ Old Mill 16 in Bend
- Friday, Aug. 16
- Saturday, Aug. 17
- Sunday, Aug. 18
- Monday, Aug. 19
- DECONSTRUCTING THE BEATLES – ABBEY ROAD, SIDE 1 @ the Tin Pan Theater in Bend
- Tuesday, Aug. 20
- RIFFTRAX LIVE: GIANT SPIDER INVASION @ Old Mill 16
- Thursday, Aug. 15
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN
- BE NATURAL: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ALICE GUY-BLACHÉ
- BRIAN BANKS
- DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD
- THE FAREWELL
- FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW
- THE KITCHEN (2019)
- THE LION KING (2019)
- ONCE UPON A TIME … IN HOLLYWOOD
- SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK
- THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS 2
- SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME
- TOY STORY 4
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
- Seasonal & FREE!
For a complete list of events in the area for the entire month, please visit Central Oregon Events.