Central Oregon Weekend Planner – August 22-25, 2019.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
Thursday, Aug. 22
Redmond Vision 2040
- THU – City of Redmond invites residents to attend a City Hall open house as part of the Redmond 2040 citywide community engagement effort. Community members will have the opportunity to engage with city employees and provide input towards the city’s growth regarding what makes Redmond unique, what is important to preserve and what they would like to see changed.
Disney’s Alice In Wonderland Jr. @ The Tower Theater
- THU – Lewis Carroll’s famous heroine comes to life in a delightful adaptation of the classic Disney film. Travel down the rabbit hole and join Alice, one of literature’s most beloved heroines, in her madcap adventures. Featuring updated songs from Disney’s thrilling animated motion picture, Disney’s Alice in Wonderland JR. is a fast-paced take on the classic tale.
Music In The Pines
- THU – Bring a blanket or low chair to La Pine’s Frontier Heritage Park to enjoy The High Street Band from 5-8pm. Admission is free
Friday, Aug. 23
Airshow Of The Cascades
- FRI-SAT – At the Airshow of the Cascades we offer patrons an up-close and personal experience that brings out the kid in all of us. Our partnership with the Erickson Aircraft Collection allows Airshow visitors FREE entry to their museum which houses the largest privately owned collection of vintage Warbirds in the world! This includes the vintage aircraft on static display and operational Warbirds in the air! We also host a vintage and antique Car Show, Motorcycle Show, Aircraft Fly-In Show. Families can experience glider and helicopter rides, ride the zipline, enjoy Friday Fireworks, sample great food, live music, and so much more…come join us for an experience of a lifetime!
Theater In The Park
- FRI-SAT – Theater in the Park returns for 2019. Enjoy two magical evenings of musical theater in Drake Park alongside the scenic Deschutes River. This year’s production is “La Cage aux Folles,” the Tony Award-winning musical and inspiration for the film, “The Birdcage” – a timeless story about love and acceptance.
Roses And Rust Vintage Market
- FRI-SAT – Come to the Deschutes County Fairgrounds to experience Roses And Rust – a collective of over 75 vendors of vintage, antique, and/or re-purposed home & garden items from all over the West Coast.
Free Concerts @ The Backyard at Sunriver Resort
- FRI-SAT – Bring the family, pull up a blanket and enjoy live music at The Backyard at Sunriver Resort! A different live band will be featured each concert day. Delicious food and local brews, wine and cocktails will be offered during each concert.
Art In The High Desert
- FRI-SUN – Art in the High Desert is Central Oregon’s Premier Juried Fine Art Craft Show and Sale. 120 highly acclaimed artists from across the country and Canada will display their wares on the banks of the Deschutes River in Bend’s Old Mill District.
Volcanic Bike & Brew
- FRI-SUN – Head to Mt. Bachelor West Village this weekend for the 5th annual Volcanic Bike & Brew Festival.
Disney’s NEWSIES! The Musical
- FRI-SUN – Stop the presses! This Disney film turned Tony-winning Broadway hit inspires everyone to fight for what’s right and seize the day. Based on the 1992 motion picture and inspired by a true story, Newsies features a Tony Award-winning score by Alan Menken (Little Shop of Horrors, Sister Act) and Jack Feldman and a book by Tony Award winner Harvey Fierstein (Kinky Boots). Newsies is packed with non-stop thrills and a timeless message, perfect for the whole family and every audience.
Saturday, Aug. 24
Central Oregon Saturday Market
- SAT – Head to the Central Oregon Saturday Market featuring local artists, businesses, and produce.
CROP Farmer’s Market
- SAT – CROP announces a Saturday Farmers Market in Prineville at Stryker Park. Come buy locally grown produce, beef, pork, bison, lavender and so much more. Support our local farmers/ranchers.
The Wine, Cheese, & Brew Showcase @ The Homestead at Sunriver Resort
- SAT – The Wine, Cheese, & Brew Showcase will feature over a hundred wines, local craft beer, spirits, dozens of gourmet cheeses, hors d’oeuvres, specialty foods, a silent auction and live music. All proceeds will benefit the Habitat for Humanity of La Pine / Sunriver to build housing for families in our community.
Cake @ The Les Schwab Amphitheater
Drag Boat Races @ Haystack Reservoir
- SAT-SUN – The Columbia Drag Boat Association brings it’s High Desert Shoot Out to the Haystack Reservoir this weekend.
Sunday, Aug 25
Sisters Farmers Market @ Fir Street Park
- SUN – Sisters Farmers Market invites you to come on down for some small-town fun! Share the bounty of our special town in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Microlocal produce, artisanal foods, handcrafted goods, & more! Now on Sundays—featuring lunch, coffee, wellness demos, music, and a splash pad for the kids.
Concert On The Patio @ Broken Top Club
- SUN – Lindy Gravelle will perform at Broken Top Club on Sunday, August 25th at 6 pm. Admission is free, though dinner reservations are recommended.
Glow Ball Golf
- THROUGH AUG 28 – Glow all night at Sunriver Resort with glowing golf balls, a putter, and fun time with the family.
Kayaking, Paddleboarding, Canoeing
- THROUGH AUG 30 – Head to the Deschutes River for a tour of Tumalo Creek on a rented device. View the crystal blue waters in the middle of the Deschutes National Forest.
- THROUGH SEP 7 – Mt. Bachelor hosts stunning views for a romantic sunset dinner. Enjoy an eight-course meal with friends or family and end your night with a moonlight chairlift ride down the Mountain.
Mt. Bachelor Bike Park
- ONGOING – The Mt. Bachelor Bike Park offers 13 miles of downhill trails and different options for various skill levels.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Thursday, Aug. 22
- Friday, Aug. 23
- Saturday, Aug. 24
- A BOY NAMED CHARLIE BROWN (1969) @ the Tin Pan Theater in Bend
- Sunday, Aug. 25
- MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO (Studio Ghibli Fest 2019) @ Old Mill 16 in Bend
- Monday, Aug. 26
- Tuesday, Aug. 27
- MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO (Studio Ghibli Fest 2019) @ Old Mill 16 in Bend
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- 47 METERS DOWN: UNCAGED
- ALADDIN (2019)
- THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 2
- THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN
- APOCALYPSE NOW: FINAL CUT (IMAX 2D)
- BLINDED BY THE LIGHT
- BRIAN BANKS
- DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD
- FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW
- THE FAREWELL
- GOOD BOYS (2019)
- THE KITCHEN (2019)
- THE LION KING (2019)
- ONCE UPON A TIME … IN HOLLYWOOD
- SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK
- SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME
- WHERE’D YOU GO, BERNADETTE?
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
- Premiering Thursday evening, Aug. 29:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
- Seasonal & FREE!
For a complete list of events in the area for the entire month, please visit Central Oregon Events.