Central Oregon Weekend Planner – Dec 6-8, 2019.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to events throughout Central Oregon!
Friday, Dec. 6
Christmas Bazaar @ La Pine Community Center
- FRI – One of the biggest and most popular Christmas Bazaars in Central Oregon is held in La Pine. Frontier Days holds an annual Bazaar and Holiday Light Parade to kick off the holiday season the first weekend in December. There will be over 50 vendors of quality gift items! Hot Beverages! Soup & Goodies for sale to benefit a local non-profit organization. For entertainment, there will be bands and choirs and a visit with Santa!
Community Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony @ Drake Park
- FRI – Join us for an afternoon of fun festivities and join Santa as he counts down to the lighting of the community tree in Drake Park. It all happens in The Commons in Downtown Bend.
Dinner With Santa @ Faith, Hope, And Charity Vineyards
- FRI – Join Santa for a magical, storytelling, complimentary photos, dinner buffet, and holiday treats.
First Friday Gallery Walk @ The Old Mill District
- FRI – The art galleries in the Old Mill District represent numerous artists and some are working artist studios. Our galleries showcase a variety of mediums from traditional paintings, sculpture, and photography to printmaking, fiber, and mixed media. Stop by anytime and meet these working artists and experience their beautiful works. Stop by on the first Friday of each month, year ’round, to view new showings. Music and libations will be available.
HDCM Concert Series: Neave Trio @ Bend Church
- FRI – High Desert Chamber Music’s 12th season continues with the critically acclaimed Neave Trio. They have earned enormous praise for their engaging, cutting-edge performances. Back by popular demand, they will perform a special program featuring trailblazing works of distinguished female composers off their newest album “Her Voice”. Don’t miss this Boston-based group in Bend!
High Desert Hootenanny @ Hollinshead Barn, Bend
- FRI – Join Oregon Natural Desert Association board, staff, and supporters in celebrating the many high desert conservation successes you achieved in 2019! Come to Hollinshead Barn in Bend on Friday, December 6 to hear highlights from this year’s habitat restoration, advocacy, and community-building initiatives and learn about what’s to come in the year ahead. Enjoy live music from Honey Don’t, refreshments from Spork, Crater Lake Spirits, Sunriver Brewing, and Caboost Kombucha, and great raffle prizes.
Ice Skating Food Drive @ The Pavillion at Sunriver Village
- FRI – Bring two (or more) cans of food and skate for free between 6 and 9 pm. All food items will be donated to the La Pine Christmas Basket Association which supports families in South Deschutes County.
The Nutcracker @ Bend High School
- FRI-SUN – Get into the spirit of the holidays with The Nutcracker! Bring your family and be whisked away with Clara to the Kingdom of Snow and the Land of Sweets. You’ll be sure to leave the theater with visions of Sugar Plum dancing in your head. Set to Tchaikovsky’s beautiful score and danced by over 150 talented students of Central Oregon School of Ballet with professional guest artists and members of the Bend community. Don’t miss this timeless holiday tradition, get your tickets today!
The Nutcracker @ the Sunriver Homeowners Aquatics & Recreation Center (SHARC)
- FRI-SUN – Get your holiday season off to a magical start and come see NUTCRACKER, a musical play based on E.T.A. Hoffman’s “The Nutcracker and the Mouse King”. It will be directed by Victoria Kristy.
Saturday, Dec. 7
2019 Bend Christmas Parade
- SAT – This parade starts at noon in downtown Bend. This year’s theme is “Best Christmas Ever.”
The 36th Annual Festival Of Trees @ Deschutes County Expo Center
- SAT – Become part of Central Oregon’s Holiday tradition at the Annual Festival of Trees, Saturday, December 7 at the Deschutes County Fair and Expo Center. What better way to celebrate the Holiday season than by sharing the gifts of beauty and joy with family and friends? As always Festival of Trees offers the opportunity to enjoy the season in style. The day event, from 10 am – 2 pm features free family activities including viewing of over 30 creatively decorated trees, children’s activities, a hospitality table, live entertainment, and visits with Santa.
Fiddler On The Roof @ Pinckney Center For The Arts
- SAT – Set in the little village of Anatevka, Fiddler On The Roof centers on Tevye, a poor milkman, and his five daughters. With the help of a colorful and tight-knit Jewish community, Tevye tries to protect his daughters and instill them with traditional values in the face of changing social mores and the growing anti-Semitism of Czarist Russia. Rich in historical and ethnic detail, and featuring iconic and beloved songs such as “Sunrise, Sunset,” “If I Were a Rich Man” and “Matchmaker, Matchmaker,” Fiddler on the Roof, has won nine Tony Awards since its 1964 debut, and become a core staple of the musical theatre canon.
Gingerbread Junction @ Sunriver Lodge
- SAT – Come visit Gingerbread Junction and marvel at the candy and cookie creations! Gingerbread Junction will open on Friday, Dec. 6th and gingerbread houses will be on display in the Sunriver Resort Main Lodge through Saturday, January 4th. Free and open to the public.
Holiday Sip & Shop @ Wild Ride Brewing, Redmond
- SAT – Sip while you shop for everyone on your gift list! This year’s vendors will be bringing candles, jewelry, home decor, clothing, photography, and more. This event is family-friendly and free to attend.
Holiday Tails Art & Craft Fair @ The Athletic Club Of Bend
- SAT – Shop local, support artists and help homeless animals at the Holiday Tails Art & Craft Fair.
Holiday Village Market @ Redmond’s Centennial Park
- SAT – Find original gifts for the hard-to-buy-for friend, family member or co-worker at Redmond’s Holiday Village Market, presented by the Redmond Chamber of Commerce & CVB.
Jingle Bell Run @ Crows Feet Commons, Bend
- SAT – Get your jingle on at the MOST FUN & FESTIVE holiday fun-run around – all to battle the #1 cause of disability! The Arthritis Foundation’s Jingle Bell Run is the original festive race for charity. It’s where you can strut your stuff in your favorite holiday costume and FEEL GOOD about DOING GOOD. Together, we’ll jingle all the way to a cure – and have a fantastic time every step we take! Bring a team of friends, family, and co-workers to run or walk. Get your jingle on and spread the Spirit of Yes: Yes to having fun and celebrating what you love. Yes to living life to the fullest. Yes to conquering arthritis for good. 100% of your registration fee and fundraising go to a great cause!
La Pine Parade Of Lights
- SAT – Vendors, food, music, ending with the fabulous Parade of Lights on La Pine’s streets! Start your holidays here!
Powell Butte Art & Craft Show @ Powell Butte Community Center
- SAT – Annual show featuring local artisans and unique handmade gifts including watercolors, prints &cards, handspun yarns, knit items, felted hats, wearable fiber arts, floral arrangements, children’s items, fused glass, purses and bags, jewelry, pottery, two local authors and much more. A soup luncheon will benefit Buela’s Place.
Breakfast With @ McMenamins Old St. Francis School
- SAT-SUN – Why stand in a long line at the mall or department store waiting to talk to Santa when you can relax at a table with your family, enjoying a hot breakfast, fresh coffee and more? This is an annual event for many families – come join the fun! And don’t forget to bring your camera to record the moment your little one sits to chat with Santa.
Holiday Magic @ the Tower Theatre
- SAT-SUN – Holiday Magic 2019 showcases the musical talents of the Cascade Chorale- presenting beautiful, traditional music of the season. Joining the Cascade Chorale for all three performances will be Jazz Central- a new ensemble of talented vocalists.
Sunday, Dec. 8
Sing &Ring Noel @ Sunriver’s Holy Trinity Church
- SUN – This free Christmas concert features the SCF Choir and the Bells Of Sunriver
Gingerbread Junction @ Sunriver Lodge
- Through Jan. 4 – Come visit Gingerbread Junction and marvel at the candy and cookie creations! Gingerbread Junction will open on Friday, Dec. 6th and gingerbread houses will be on display in the Sunriver Resort Main Lodge through Saturday, January 4th. Free and open to the public.
Holiday Light Show @ Sunriver Resort
- Through Jan. 24 – Grab a Hot Toddy or Hot Cocoa at The Lodge and join us in the Back Yard for our NEW Holiday Light Show, happening 3 times every evening. Enjoy your favorite holiday songs as thousands of lights dance to the beat. Shows will be between 15 and 20 minutes long and will rotate through a selection of songs with a mix of kids and adult favorites.
Tubing Hill @ the Sunriver Homeowners Aquatics & Recreation Center (SHARC)
- Through Mar. 1 – SHARC’s Winter Tubing Hill is a seasonal activity that includes three runs of varying steepness.
BendBroadBand’s Jazz At The Oxford
- ONGOING – From October 2019 through March 2020, Oxford Hotel Bend and the Central Oregon community will welcome an incredible and diverse lineup of world-class artists over five separate weekends.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Friday, Dec. 6
- A CHRISTMAS STORY @ The Tower Theatre
- Saturday, Dec. 7
- Sunday, Dec. 8
- Monday, Dec. 9
- INXS: LIVE BABY LIVE AT WEMBLEY STADIUM @ Old Mill 16 & IMAX
- Tuesday, Dec. 10
- Wednesday, Dec. 11
- MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS (A Special 75th Anniversary Event) @ Old Mill 16 & IMAX
- Friday, Dec. 6
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
For events elsewhere in Oregon, head to Travel Oregon’s Event Calendar.