Central Oregon Weekend Planner – December 25-27, 2020.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
- 2020 Nov 25 – Strict health and safety measures will remain in place in 21 Extreme Risk counties where COVID-19 is widespread and hospitalizations are high.Note: In central Oregon, both Deschutes and Jefferson Counties have been designated as EXTREME RISK. Crook & Lake Counties are HIGH RISK. More info here.
- 2020.12.14 – (Re-)setting the stage: Major upgrades begin at Bend’s Les Schwab Amphitheater
- 2020.12.16 – Deschutes Public Library Launches New Way to Pick Up Materials Curbside: Texting!
- 2020.12.16 – Gasoline Demand Declines for Fourth Consecutive Week
- 2020.12.23 – Oregon Employment Dept. Issues Statement Regarding Passage Of Federal Unemployment Benefits
Health & Safety Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Oregon Health Authority | COVID-19 Updates
- Deschutes County Health Department
- Ongoing local updates from KTVS News 21, Bend Bulletin, & MyCentralOregon.com
- Central Oregon SOS
- Relief programs
Where Are The events?
I have found it increasingly difficult to reliably create an accurate list of weekly events amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Restrictions, cancellations, late additions, etc. all conspire against the limited time I have each week to devote to such an endeavor. So, for the foreseeable future, I’m going to defer to the professionally-maintained local event calendars linked below:
For events elsewhere in Oregon, head to Travel Oregon’s Event Calendar.
The list of links below are websites & videos that can be viewed from home. This will be an on-going list that hopefully will grow each week. While I’ll definitely give preference to links directly related to Central Oregon, this is not intended to be a “Central Oregon Only” list. If you know of any link(s) that I should include, by all means, please feel free to leave them as a comment via the form at the bottom of this page or email them to me directly at mitchd(at)bhhsnw(dot)com.
In addition to this list, our Portland HQ creates a Weekend Planner each week with an eye towards activities that can be done at home or online, as well as some select activities that embrace social distancing.
- 10 Buildings That Changed American Architecture.
- Explore the creative side of architecture with 30×60 Design Workshop
- Explore the celebrity side of architecture with Architectural Digest.
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Boynton House: The Next Hundred Years | tour the restored home with its current owner | virtual tours of 12 incredible Frank Lloyd Wright buildings
- Learn ‘how to architect‘ with Doug Patt.
- The Genius Behind Some Of The World’s Most Famous Buildings a TED talk by Renzo Piano.
- Drive tastefully with Petrolicious.
- Explore Jay Leno’s Garage.
- Explore Harry’s Garage.
- Go for a drive with Matt Farrah at The Smoking Tire.
- Go on The Grand Tour with former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May and follow their ongoing adventures on the spin-off channel, Drivetribe.
- Review cars with Doug DeMuro and stick around for More Doug DeMuro.
- Dissect popular songs with Christian James Hand:
- Learn about guitar with Steve Vai and Eric Johnson.
- Learn about bass guitar with Scott Devine.
- Check out the short but exhaustive histories of popular guitars at Five Watt World.
- Learn about music theory & production with Rick Beato.
- Enjoy stories from a new musical guest each week on Rockonteurs with Gary Kemp & Guy Pratt.
- Follow the adventures of the Fstoppers crew and even hang out with them live.
- “Keep shooting” with Bryan Peterson.
- Learn a little more about photography with Joe McNally.
- Live like an artist on ‘Tequila Tuesdays and/or Thursdays‘ with photographer Art Wolfe (Instagram | facebook | youtube) and follow it up on facebook as he chats with one of his photographic colleagues on his Earth Is Our Witness series.
- Photography training site, KelbyOne is offering free weekly webinars, free access to some of their top-watched classes, and discounts on Plus and Pro memberships.
Parks & Rec.
Please see the specific links below for park updates and closures.
- Oregon Ski Areas & Resorts
- City & County Parks
- State Parks | updates | map
- Campgrounds With Day-use Facilities
- Cottonwood Canyon State Park (Moro)
- The Cove Palisades State Park (Culver)
- Deschutes River State Recreation Area (Dallesport)
- La Pine State Park (La Pine)
- Prineville Reservoir State Park (Prineville)
- Prineville Reservoir – Jasper Point (Prineville)
- Smith Rock State Park (Terrebonne)
- Tumalo State Park (Tumalo)
- Day-use Parks
- Cline Falls State Scenic Viewpoint (Redmond)
- Elliott Corbett Memorial State Recreation Site (Santiam Pass)
- Fort Rock State Natural Area (Fort Rock)
- Ochoco State Scenic Viewpoint (Prineville)
- Pilot Butte State Scenic Viewpoint (Bend)
- Peter Skene Ogden State Scenic Viewpoint (Terrebonne)
- Warm Springs State Recreation Area (Warm Springs)
- White River Falls State Park (Tygh Valley)
- Campgrounds With Day-use Facilities
- National Parks & Monuments | 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update.
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- Newberry National Volcanic Monument
- Crater Lake National Park | Crater Lake Lodge
Currently Playing Movies
All local movie theaters are still closed indefinitely.
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- COMING SOON:
Click here for most local theater schedules OR choose from the following:
NOTE: As of this writing, real estate is still considered an “essential service” and open houses have not been prohibited outright. Instead, they have been left to the discretion of the individual homeowners and their listing brokers. If you choose to visit open houses, please take the appropriate precautions. Alternately, if you have a smartphone or tablet, you can schedule a virtual walkthrough with your broker.
Although many of our physical offices are only open by appointment, our brokers are available via phone/email/appointment and are ready and willing to assist you with your real estate needs.
Please stay safe and healthy.