Central Oregon Weekend Planner – Feb 7-9, 2020.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
Friday, Feb. 7
Après Ski Bash @ The Commons Café
- FRI – Another Winter approaches and another truly fantastic lineup of Free Monthly Friday Concerts is revealed and again, it’s aim is clear; to satisfy your body & soul! As always, these concerts are 100% free, all ages are most welcome. On show nights, Season Pass Holders will get $1 beverage discounts at The Commons Cafe until 8:00 p.m. This Friday’s featured artist: Polyrhythmics.
Dweezil Zappa: Hot Rats Live! @ The Tower Theatre
- FRI – Dweezil Zappa and his “rocking teenage combo” will be performing his father’s entire Hot Rats album in sequence live on stage as part of his upcoming 2020 tour. The album played a pivotal role in establishing Frank Zappa as a composer and guitarist and was also dedicated to Dweezil upon its release in 1969. The 50-year-old classic album will be surrounded by an assortment of other psychedelic, avant-garde, odd-metered toe-tappers well known to Zappa aficionados.
First Friday Art Walk @ Downtown Bend & The Old Mill
- FRI – It’s First Friday Art Walk! Head into Downtown Bend for a night filled with art, shopping, music, and local food & drink. On First Friday in Downtown Bend, we celebrate ALL forms of art – music, comedy, photography, painting, sculpture, acting and more. Head to Downtown Bend, and delight your senses!
Fireside Show: C.W. Stoneking @ The Suttle Lodge
- FRI – Tickets: $12 Advance. $18 Day of Show. Skip Bar open for food and beverage. Open to the all-ages public. Tickets are non-refundable. The show is complimentary to overnight lodge guests and kids under 12.
PineFrost Festival @ La Pine
- FRI-SAT – 2020 will bring to La Pine the inaugural PineFrost Festival. This event will celebrate the Winter season in South County with a multitude of events and activities. Be sure and join us!
Into The Woods @ Summit High School Auditorium
- FRI-SUN – James Lapine and Stephen Sondheim take everyone’s favorite storybook characters and bring them together for a timeless, yet relevant, piece… and a rare modern classic. The Tony Award-winning book and score follows a Baker and his wife, who wish to have a child; Cinderella, who wishes to attend the King’s Festival; and Jack, who wishes his cow would give milk. When the Baker and his wife learn that they cannot have a child because of a Witch’s curse, the two set off on a journey to break the curse. Everyone’s wish is granted, but the consequences of their actions return to haunt them later with disastrous results.
USA Climbing Youth Bouldering Nationals @ Deschutes County Fairgrounds Expo Center
- FRI-SUN – The 2020 USA Climbing: Bouldering Youth National Championship will take place on February 7, 8 and 9, 2020. These events will feature elite climbing youth athletes in the country, competing for a place on the U.S. Youth National Team, in the discipline of bouldering.
Saturday, Feb. 8
Crooked River Roundup’s 75th Anniversary Kickoff Gala @ Crook County Fairgrounds
- SAT – Get ready for the Crooked River Roundup’s 75th Anniversary Kickoff Gala. It’s more than the biggest Roundup party of the year—or the century. This fundraising event is a chance to meet our 2020 Queen, and support local youth organizations.
Moonlight Ski & Bite @ Elk Lake Resort
- SAT – Come enjoy an evening of cross-country skiing, good food, and lots of memories.
Polar Plunge @ Riverbend Park
- SAT – In partnership with Law Enforcement agencies, each year the Polar Plunge challenges thousands of brave people from around the state to take a dip into icy waters and raise money for a great cause. The Polar Plunge is a great way for individuals, organizations, schools, and businesses to come together, have fun and support the athletes of Special Olympics Oregon. All funds raised go to supporting the programming and events of more than 12,000 athletes statewide.
Ranch & Table Pairing Series @ Brasada Ranch
- SAT – We’ve partnered with Gran Moraine Winery and Zena Crown Vineyards to bring you a three-course pairing dinner on Saturday. Whether joining us for dinner or for entire weekend, start planning your wine pairing weekend with Gran Moraine & Zena Crown wines today!
Thorn Hollow String Band @ High Desert Museum
- SAT – Hear some toe-tapping tunes from our pioneering house band! Dancing encouraged.
Tosh.Show in the Snow @ The Tower Theatre
- SAT – Tosh.Show in the Snow. One night only hosted by Daniel Tosh, who is joined by featured writers and comedians from Comedy Central’s Tosh.0 for an evening of stand-up comedy in the Tower Theatre. Mature audience only.
Winter Carnival @ Hoodoo
- SAT – The premiere event of the season and a day full of free activities. Winter Carnival has been a tradition at Hoodoo for nearly 40 years and includes a number of free events (no lift ticket required): ax throwing booth, frisbee golf, musical chairs, a three-legged obstacle race, a team tube race, a hula-hoop contest, a fly-athalon, a pie-eating contest, a ski javelin throw, an archery contest, a Hoodoo employee snow sculpture contest and bingo. The lifts are open 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Highlights include a special dinner menu, the Dummy Downhill contest, the annual torchlight descent and professional fireworks on the mountain.
Friday Night Music Series @ Hoodoo
- FRI (through March 27) – Hoodoo is excited to announce a full line-up of talented musicians from around the Northwest playing 5-8 pm every Friday night from Jan. 3 – March 27, 2020. Slide, ride and dance at Central Oregon’s only night skiing and riding destination.
Military Mondays @ Hoodoo
- MON (winter) – Hoodoo is proud to give back to our military by offering 2-FOR-1 lift tickets to current and former veterans each Monday with a valid military ID. Hoodoo does not offer any discount ski tickets during Peak Pricing periods. Peak Pricing periods include Winter Break, MLK Weekend, Winter Carnival, and Presidents’ Day Weekend.
Paulina Lake Lodge & Cabins
- FRI-SUN (Winter) – Experience the magic of Paulina Lake in winter! The lodge restaurant and cabins open for winter on Dec. 20th – YAY! Snowmobile, snowshoe or take the snowcat up to the lodge for their prime rib dinner! Be sure to make a reservation!!
Snowshoe With A Ranger @ Mt. Bachelor
- Weekends through March 29th – Join a naturalist on a snowshoe tour at Mt. Bachelor! Learn about alpine environments and the natural features of the Cascade Range. Wear snow boots and warm winter clothing. Snowshoes will be provided. No previous experience is required. Snowshoe tours are FREE, however, donations to support tours and other Discover Your Forest programs are greatly appreciated. Tour size is limited, so first come first served. The minimum age is 8 years old. Advanced reservations required for parties of 6 or more.
Trails & Treats @ Brasada Ranch
- Each Saturday this winter – We’re not sure what the treat is, the homemade Brasada s’mores and hot chocolate or the horseback ride to Spirit Rock. No matter your preference, join Brasada Trails every Saturday from 1pm – 3pm this winter for trail rides to Spirit Rock where you’ll roast s’mores over the open fire pit and sip hot cocoa while enjoying the breathtaking views as far as the eye can see.
Tubing Hill @ the Sunriver Homeowners Aquatics & Recreation Center (SHARC)
- Through Mar. 1 – SHARC’s Winter Tubing Hill is a seasonal activity that includes three runs of varying steepness.
Crater Lake Tour
- ONGOING (Saturdays, year-round) – Experience Oregon’s only National Park with a professional naturalist guide. Departing Bend, Oregon, we’ll make our way up the south flank of old Mt. Mazama to the rim encircling one of the world’s most stunning bodies of water! With snowshoes strapped to our feet, we’ll course our way along the volcanic rim for incredible views down to Crater Lake. Fantastic memories are created when taking in the depth of the lake’s blue, white snow, evergreen trees, and the blue sky while the guide unfurls the area’s geology, hydrology, and human history. Wanderlust Tours will provide a tasty deli-lunch prior to heading back to Bend.
BendBroadBand’s Jazz At The Oxford
- ONGOING – From October 2019 through March 2020, Oxford Hotel Bend and the Central Oregon community will welcome an incredible and diverse lineup of world-class artists over five separate weekends.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Friday, Feb. 7
- Saturday, Feb. 8
- Sunday, Feb. 9
- Monday, Feb. 10
- 2020 OSCAR NOMINATED SHORTS – LIVE ACTION @ Tin Pan Theater
- Tuesday, Feb. 11
- Wednesday, Feb. 12
- LOVE STORY (50th Anniversary presented by TCM) @ The Old Mill 16
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- BAD BOYS FOR LIFE
- FORD V FERRARI
- FROZEN II
- GRETEL & HANSEL
- THE GENTLEMEN
- A HIDDEN LIFE
- JOKER (2019)
- JOJO RABBIT
- JUMANJI: THE NEXT LEVEL
- JUST MERCY
- KNIVES OUT
- THE LAST FULL MEASURE
- LITTLE WOMEN (2019)
- MIDNIGHT FAMILY
- PLAYING WITH FIRE
- THE RHYTHM SECTION
- STAR WARS – EPISODE IX – THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
- THE TURNING (2020)
- UNCUT GEMS
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
For events elsewhere in Oregon, head to Travel Oregon’s Event Calendar.