Central Oregon Weekend Planner – Jan. 24-26, 2020.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
Friday, Jan. 24
3rd Annual Sanchovore Farm to Table Dinner @ the Embark Building, Bend
- FRI – Join Locavore and Bend classic favorite El Sancho Taco for an annual affair, Sanchovore! Yes, yes… we know it is a bit early as we generally have this event on Father’s Day, but El Sancho has big news! They are becoming a father (again!) this March to a brand, spanking new restaurant, so we need to do our business a bit early this year and Sanchovore will be in January. Held at the beautiful and inspiring Embark Co-Working space off Skyliner, this Sanchovore will be just as great as the Father’s Day Fiesta.
4th Friday Art Walk @ Sisters
- FRI – January’s 4th Friday Artwalk features many galleries and supporting businesses remaining open from 4 to 7 p.m. in support of the arts and Sisters Arts Association.
Matilda, The Musical @ The Tower Theatre
- FRI-Feb 1 – Inspired by the twisted genius of Roald Dahl, the Tony Award-winning Roald Dahl’s Matilda The Musical is the captivating masterpiece from the Royal Shakespeare Company that revels in the anarchy of childhood, the power of imagination and the inspiring story of a girl who dreams of a better life. With book by Dennis Kelly and original songs by Tim Minchin, Matilda has won 47 international awards and continues to thrill sold-out audiences of all ages around the world.
The Neverending Story @ BEAT Children’s Theater
- FRI-Feb. 2 – Told with all the thrills of a classic adventure, the story begins with Bastian, a lonely boy, who stumbles into a curious bookshop where he discovers a curious book – The Neverending Story.
Saturday, Jan. 25
Free Day @ The High Desert Museum
Rubbish Renewed Eco Fashion Show @ Midtown Ballroom, Bend
- SAT – The Rubbish Renewed Eco Fashion Show is one of the most engaging events in town! This fundraiser features two eclectic, wearable art (trash fashion) runway shows (one that features local students), our Business Challenge (competing for the Coveted Trash Trophy), a live auction of a select group of runway garments, a silent auction comprised of local sustainable donations, a pop up “marketplace”, featuring sustainable, creative products from local artists, local food and drink.
Guest Chef Dinner Series @ The Suttle Lodge
- SAT – Canada’s 2018 Best Chef and unofficial (but maybe most important) ambassador for Newfoundland culture, Jeremy Charles, and his restaurant Raymonds, are continually ranked at #1 in Canada on almost any list that exists. Jeremy aims to showcase and celebrate Newfoundland and Labrador products, indigenous ingredients, and wild game. Oregon’s natural bounty should prove a fitting and delicious challenge for this gifted chef. A portion of ticket sales from Jeremy’s dinner will be going to Deschutes Children’s Foundation, a community organization for all children and families to have the resources they need to thrive.
Sunday, Jan. 26
Australia Day @ Mt. Bachelor
- SUN – Mt. Bachelor and 10 Barrel are coming together to celebrate Australia Day at Mt. Bachelor this Saturday, January 25th. Join us at the base of Outback chairlift from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m for this all-ages event. Live DJ playing Aussie tunes, traditional Aussie food and beverage (Meat Pies, Pavlova, and Fosters), and free Tim Tam Slams for the kids. That’s Aussie for hot chocolate sucked through a Tim Tam. Pie eating contest will take place at 1:30 p.m. Registration will be THE day of, at the event.ALL proceeds from 10 Barrel beer sold will be donated to NSW Rural Fire Service of Australia. Grab your mates and join us!
Friday Night Music Series @ Hoodoo
- FRI (through March 27) – Hoodoo is excited to announce a full line-up of talented musicians from around the Northwest playing 5-8 pm every Friday night from Jan. 3 – March 27, 2020. Slide, ride and dance at Central Oregon’s only night skiing and riding destination.
Military Mondays @ Hoodoo
- MON (winter) – Hoodoo is proud to give back to our military by offering 2-FOR-1 lift tickets to current and former veterans each Monday with a valid military ID. Hoodoo does not offer any discount ski tickets during Peak Pricing periods. Peak Pricing periods include Winter Break, MLK Weekend, Winter Carnival, and Presidents’ Day Weekend.
Paulina Lake Lodge & Cabins
- FRI-SUN (Winter) – Experience the magic of Paulina Lake in winter! The lodge restaurant and cabins open for winter on Dec. 20th – YAY! Snowmobile, snowshoe or take the snowcat up to the lodge for their prime rib dinner! Be sure to make a reservation!!
Snowshoe With A Ranger @ Mt. Bachelor
- Weekends through March 29th – Join a naturalist on a snowshoe tour at Mt. Bachelor! Learn about alpine environments and the natural features of the Cascade Range. Wear snow boots and warm winter clothing. Snowshoes will be provided. No previous experience is required. Snowshoe tours are FREE, however, donations to support tours and other Discover Your Forest programs are greatly appreciated. Tour size is limited, so first come first served. The minimum age is 8 years old. Advanced reservations required for parties of 6 or more.
Trails & Treats @ Brasada Ranch
- Each Saturday this winter – We’re not sure what the treat is, the homemade Brasada s’mores and hot chocolate or the horseback ride to Spirit Rock. No matter your preference, join Brasada Trails every Saturday from 1pm – 3pm this winter for trail rides to Spirit Rock where you’ll roast s’mores over the open fire pit and sip hot cocoa while enjoying the breathtaking views as far as the eye can see.
Tubing Hill @ the Sunriver Homeowners Aquatics & Recreation Center (SHARC)
- Through Mar. 1 – SHARC’s Winter Tubing Hill is a seasonal activity that includes three runs of varying steepness.
Crater Lake Tour
- ONGOING (Saturdays, year-round) – Experience Oregon’s only National Park with a professional naturalist guide. Departing Bend, Oregon, we’ll make our way up the south flank of old Mt. Mazama to the rim encircling one of the world’s most stunning bodies of water! With snowshoes strapped to our feet, we’ll course our way along the volcanic rim for incredible views down to Crater Lake. Fantastic memories are created when taking in the depth of the lake’s blue, white snow, evergreen trees, and the blue sky while the guide unfurls the area’s geology, hydrology, and human history. Wanderlust Tours will provide a tasty deli-lunch prior to heading back to Bend.
BendBroadBand’s Jazz At The Oxford
- ONGOING – From October 2019 through March 2020, Oxford Hotel Bend and the Central Oregon community will welcome an incredible and diverse lineup of world-class artists over five separate weekends.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Sunday, Jan. 26
- Bolshoi Ballet presents GISELLE @ Regal Old Mill 16
- Sunday, Jan. 26
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- BAD BOYS FOR LIFE
- FORD V FERRARI
- FROZEN II
- JOKER (2019)
- JOJO RABBIT
- JUMANJI: THE NEXT LEVEL
- JUST MERCY
- KNIVES OUT
- LIKE A BOSS
- LITTLE WOMEN (2019)
- PARASITE (2019)
- RICHARD JEWEL
- SPIES IN DISGUISE
- STAR WARS – EPISODE IX – THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
- UNCUT GEMS
- UNDERWATER (2020)
- WBCN AND THE AMERICAN REVOLUTION
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
For events elsewhere in Oregon, head to Travel Oregon’s Event Calendar.