Central Oregon Weekend Planner – Jan. 31-Feb 2, 2020.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
Friday, Jan. 31
Friday Night Lights Music Series @ Hoodoo Ski Lodge
- FRI – This Friday’s featured act is Leadbetter Duo.
Matilda, The Musical @ The Tower Theatre
- FRI-Feb 1 – Inspired by the twisted genius of Roald Dahl, the Tony Award-winning Roald Dahl’s Matilda The Musical is the captivating masterpiece from the Royal Shakespeare Company that revels in the anarchy of childhood, the power of imagination and the inspiring story of a girl who dreams of a better life. With book by Dennis Kelly and original songs by Tim Minchin, Matilda has won 47 international awards and continues to thrill sold-out audiences of all ages around the world.
The Neverending Story @ BEAT Children’s Theater
- FRI-Feb. 2 – Told with all the thrills of a classic adventure, the story begins with Bastian, a lonely boy, who stumbles into a curious bookshop where he discovers a curious book – The Neverending Story.
USA Climbing Bouldering Nationals @ Deschutes County Fairgrounds Expo Center
- FRI-Feb 2 – “As the birthplace of sport climbing in the United States, it is a dream come true to announce that we’ll be bringing the biggest competition in North America to our friends in Bend, OR and the Pacific Northwest,” said Kynan Waggoner, CEO of USA Climbing.
Saturday, Feb. 1
Barrels Of Beer & Bonfires On The Snow w/Crux Fermentation Project
- SAT – Meet at Crux Fermentation where you will head to the exclusive brewers’ table located away from the crowds in the original brewery. Here you will be treated to vertical tastings of limited vintages no longer available on tap. Experience how additional years of maturation lend even more complexity and depth to some of Crux’s most coveted beers. Elite staff, handpicked for their knowledge, answer your brewing questions as you dine on artisanal pizza, Bavarian pretzels, and charcuterie. After dinner, depart Bend for the mighty Cascade Range where deep snow awaits our exploration on snowshoes under the starry skies! Strap on the snowshoes for a step back in transportation time. Tucked deep in the forest, our naturalist guide will share the sport of shoeing while heading to our destination- a spectacular, hand-carved amphitheater in the snow.
Caldera 2020 Open Studios @ Downtown Bend Library
- SAT – This weekend’s open studio features Caldera January Artists in Residence, Unit Souzou, a performing ensemble rooted in traditions of Taiko, Japanese folk dance, and theatre. Unit Souzou will share a work-in-progress showing of their new project “Constant State of Otherness”, which builds empathy and identity by exploring experiences of home, belonging, and kinship.
K-9 Keg Pull @ The Village At Sunriver
- SAT – The Sunriver Brewing Co. K9 Keg Pull is the premier winter event in Sunriver. A 120-foot snow runway sets the stage for this doggie Olympics. Dog owners register their pups in a variety of weight divisions, which will dictate what size “keg” their pooch will pull. Each participant will be timed and prizes awarded for each weight category. This year’s K-9 Keg Pull will take place in the Village at Sunriver courtyard, next to the Pavilion.
Ranch & Table Pairing Series @ Brasada Ranch
- SAT – We are partnering with Worthy Brewing to bring you an evening of craft beer and fine dining. Join us for the three-course pairing dinner on Saturday or come enjoy the Ranch for the whole weekend. Start planning your weekend with Worthy Brewing and Brasada Ranch today!
Cooking With Chocolate @ Sunriver Resort
- SAT – Each Saturday in February from 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm, the Sunriver Resort Culinary team will be hosting an interactive chocolate cooking demonstration. Food & chocolate will vary and may include items like tuxedo strawberries, truffles, etc. Designed for two people to attend and work together, a $19 ticket is good for 2 people.
The Humane Society of Central Oregon’s 9th Annual Pup Crawl
- SAT-Feb. 29 – Join us at any or all eleven local pubs to help the animals. These generous breweries are pouring tasty beer and 100% of the money raised each nigh benefits the animals thanks to our sponsors: Bend Studio and Michael Hopp – Homes by Hopp. Have a howling good time and help raise money for homeless animals.
Exhibition Opening: Infinite Moment: Burning Man on the Horizon @ The High Desert Museum
- SAT-Oct. 4 – Most of the year, the 1,000 square miles of the Black Rock Desert in northwest Nevada sit isolated, occupied by wildlife that has adapted to thrive in the harsh environment. Two nearby towns, Empire and Gerlach, are home to a population of less than 800 residents. Then in early August, a temporary city of 80,000 begins to emerge as people arrive to erect colossal works of art. For nine days at summer’s end, a community gathers dedicated to self-expression and transformation. It is Black Rock City, and this February, the High Desert Museum will give visitors a glimpse into the phenomenon called Burning Man.
Sunday, Feb. 2
SUPERBOWL LIV: Kansas City Chiefs VS San Francisco 49ers
- SUN – See Currently Playing Movies – Limited Engagements below.
Friday Night Music Series @ Hoodoo
- FRI (through March 27) – Hoodoo is excited to announce a full line-up of talented musicians from around the Northwest playing 5-8 pm every Friday night from Jan. 3 – March 27, 2020. Slide, ride and dance at Central Oregon’s only night skiing and riding destination.
Military Mondays @ Hoodoo
- MON (winter) – Hoodoo is proud to give back to our military by offering 2-FOR-1 lift tickets to current and former veterans each Monday with a valid military ID. Hoodoo does not offer any discount ski tickets during Peak Pricing periods. Peak Pricing periods include Winter Break, MLK Weekend, Winter Carnival, and Presidents’ Day Weekend.
Paulina Lake Lodge & Cabins
- FRI-SUN (Winter) – Experience the magic of Paulina Lake in winter! The lodge restaurant and cabins open for winter on Dec. 20th – YAY! Snowmobile, snowshoe or take the snowcat up to the lodge for their prime rib dinner! Be sure to make a reservation!!
Snowshoe With A Ranger @ Mt. Bachelor
- Weekends through March 29th – Join a naturalist on a snowshoe tour at Mt. Bachelor! Learn about alpine environments and the natural features of the Cascade Range. Wear snow boots and warm winter clothing. Snowshoes will be provided. No previous experience is required. Snowshoe tours are FREE, however, donations to support tours and other Discover Your Forest programs are greatly appreciated. Tour size is limited, so first come first served. The minimum age is 8 years old. Advanced reservations required for parties of 6 or more.
Trails & Treats @ Brasada Ranch
- Each Saturday this winter – We’re not sure what the treat is, the homemade Brasada s’mores and hot chocolate or the horseback ride to Spirit Rock. No matter your preference, join Brasada Trails every Saturday from 1pm – 3pm this winter for trail rides to Spirit Rock where you’ll roast s’mores over the open fire pit and sip hot cocoa while enjoying the breathtaking views as far as the eye can see.
Tubing Hill @ the Sunriver Homeowners Aquatics & Recreation Center (SHARC)
- Through Mar. 1 – SHARC’s Winter Tubing Hill is a seasonal activity that includes three runs of varying steepness.
Crater Lake Tour
- ONGOING (Saturdays, year-round) – Experience Oregon’s only National Park with a professional naturalist guide. Departing Bend, Oregon, we’ll make our way up the south flank of old Mt. Mazama to the rim encircling one of the world’s most stunning bodies of water! With snowshoes strapped to our feet, we’ll course our way along the volcanic rim for incredible views down to Crater Lake. Fantastic memories are created when taking in the depth of the lake’s blue, white snow, evergreen trees, and the blue sky while the guide unfurls the area’s geology, hydrology, and human history. Wanderlust Tours will provide a tasty deli-lunch prior to heading back to Bend.
BendBroadBand’s Jazz At The Oxford
- ONGOING – From October 2019 through March 2020, Oxford Hotel Bend and the Central Oregon community will welcome an incredible and diverse lineup of world-class artists over five separate weekends.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Saturday, Feb. 1
- Sunday, Feb. 2
- Monday, Feb. 3
- PARASITE (2019) @ The Old Mill 16
- Tuesday, Feb. 4
- Wednesday, Feb. 5
- Thursday, Feb. 6
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- 2020 OSCAR NOMINATED SHORTS – ANIMATION @ Tin Pan Theater
- 2020 OSCAR NOMINATED SHORTS – DOCUMENTARY @ Tin Pan Theater
- 2020 OSCAR NOMINATED SHORTS – LIVE ACTION @ Tin Pan Theater
- A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- A HIDDEN LIFE
- BAD BOYS FOR LIFE
- FORD V FERRARI
- FROZEN II
- JOKER (2019)
- JOJO RABBIT
- JUMANJI: THE NEXT LEVEL
- JUST MERCY
- KNIVES OUT
- LITTLE WOMEN (2019)
- SPIES IN DISGUISE
- STAR WARS – EPISODE IX – THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
- THE GENTLEMEN
- THE LAST FULL MEASURE
- THE SONG OF NAMES
- THE TURNING (2020)
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
- Premiering Thursday evening, Jan. 30:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
For events elsewhere in Oregon, head to Travel Oregon’s Event Calendar.