Central Oregon Weekend Planner – July 3-5, 2020.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
The On-going Impact of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In addition to this page, our Portland HQ creates a Weekend Planner with an eye towards activities that can be done at home or online.
- Reopening Status Map for Oregon Counties
- Phase 2 reopening guidelines (Most Oregon counties have been approved for Phase 2.)
- 2020 June 30 – Residents Encourage To Prepare For Wildfire Season
- 2020 July 01 – Oregon Has Smallest Weekly Gas Price Increase In The Country
- 2020 July 01 – Wyden, Baldwin, Van Hollen, & Bennet Introduce Bill To Support Economic Recovery, Finance Six Months Of Wages
- 2020 July 04 – Central Oregon Fourth Of July Fireworks Displays
- Bend – Pilot Butte State Park, 10 pm – 10:30 pm
- La Pine – 3rd & Walker, 10 pm – 11:00 pm
- Prineville – Viewpoint at Ochoco Wayside State Park, 10 pm – 10:30 pm
- Redmond – CANCELLED
- Please see the various event calendars linked at the bottom of this page for other 4th of July events and other activities.
Health & Safety Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Oregon Health Authority | COVID-19 Updates
- Deschutes County Health Department
- Ongoing local updates from KTVS News 21, Bend Bulletin, & MyCentralOregon.com
- Central Oregon SOS
- Relief programs
I thought I’d start a list of links of websites & videos that can be viewed from home. This will be an on-going list that hopefully will grow each week. While I’ll definitely give preference to links directly related to Central Oregon, this is not intended to be a “Central Oregon Only” list. If you know of any link(s) that I should include, by all means, please feel free to leave them as a comment via the form at the bottom of this page or email them to me directly at mitchd(at)bhhsnw(dot)com.
- Adventure Calls with Chad Copeland (A Central Oregon Adventure Film Series)
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Boynton House: The Next Hundred Years | tour the restored home with its current owner | virtual tours of 12 incredible Frank Lloyd Wright buildings
- Live like an artist on ‘Tequila Thursdays’ with photographer Art Wolfe (instagram | facebook | youtube)
- Photography training site, KelbyOne is offering free weekly webinars, free access to some of their top-watched classes, and discounts on Plus and Pro memberships.
- Hang out with guitarist Steve Vai.
- Learn about music with Rick Beato.
- Learn about bass guitar with Scott Devine.
- Learn about cinematic history with FilmMakerIQ.
- Dissect popular songs with Christian James Hand:
- His archived radio appearances run about 25 minutes each and are safe for most ears.
- His instagram live sessions are typically air at 11 am PST (weekdays) and occasionally 8 pm PST (weekends), are not recorded, and can (and usually do) contain profanity.
This is not, by any means, intended as a definitive list, but rather a starting point for some of the more popular options/destinations in Central Oregon. Please see also the links to the various local event calendars at the bottom of this page.
- Closure updates compiled at MyCentralOregon.com
- The annual Sisters Folk Festival has been canceled for 2020. The Sisters Rodeo has also been canceled.
- Hoodoo Ski Area (closed for the season)
- Mount Bachelor Ski Area (operations suspended until further notice)
- Willamette Pass (closed for the season)
- Deschutes Library (closed until further notice. F.A.Q. – including links to digital resources.)
- Destination Resorts – Deschutes County has temporarily prohibited short term rental stays in unincorporated, rural parts of the County. This more or less closes the larger Deschutes County resorts, though some still provide limited access to amenities. For more information, please click through to their official sites below:
Please see the specific links below for park updates and closures – not all are closed entirely as of this writing.
- City & County Parks
- State Parks | updates | map
- Campgrounds With Day-use Facilities
- Cottonwood Canyon State Park (Moro)
- The Cove Palisades State Park (Culver)
- Deschutes River State Recreation Area (Dallesport)
- La Pine State Park (La Pine)
- Prineville Reservoir State Park (Prineville)
- Prineville Reservoir – Jasper Point (Prineville)
- Smith Rock State Park (Terrebonne)
- Tumalo State Park (Tumalo)
- Day-use Parks
- Cline Falls State Scenic Viewpoint (Redmond)
- Elliott Corbett Memorial State Recreation Site (Santiam Pass)
- Fort Rock State Natural Area (Fort Rock)
- Ochoco State Scenic Viewpoint (Prineville)
- Pilot Butte State Scenic Viewpoint (Bend)
- Peter Skene Ogden State Scenic Viewpoint (Terrebonne)
- Warm Springs State Recreation Area (Warm Springs)
- White River Falls State Park (Tygh Valley)
- Campgrounds With Day-use Facilities
- National Parks & Monuments | 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update.
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- Newberry National Volcanic Monument
- Crater Lake National Park | Crater Lake Lodge
Currently Playing Movies
At this writing, most theaters have reopened. Only Sisters Movie House, Redmond Cinema, & Regal Old Mill 16. The Tin Pan Theater is now open – and offering a few streaming rentals as well. However, the lack of new movies means that those actually playing are a mix of a few new-ish releases combined with some old favorites. Most theaters require face masks.
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- Babyteeth (2019)
- Blade Runner (1982) [The Final Cut (2007)]
- Deadpool (2016)
- Fantastic Fungi (2019)
- Ghostbusters (1984)
- John Lewis: Good Trouble ()
- The Jungle Book (2016)
- Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
- The Matrix (1999)
- Star Wars – Episode VII – The Force Awakens (2015)
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
- Premiering Thursday evening, July 9:
- F.Y.I. Bend’s Tower Theatre will be screening the new mountain bike film, Accomplice, on July 17 & 18. Seating is extremely limited.
- Premiering Thursday evening, July 9:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- McMenamin’s Old St. Francis Theater
- Regal Old Mill 16 & IMAX (Projected to open at the end of July.)
- Tin Pan Theater
- Tower Theatre
- Volcanic Theater Pub
- Odem Theater Pub
- Redmond Cinema (Still closed – click through for the latest info.)
- Sisters Movie House (Still closed – click through for the latest info.)
You can still find upcoming events via the following links. Many will have been canceled by the time you read this, but you should be able to follow links to their respective official event websites for additional info on rescheduling, refunds, etc.
The Source Weekly | Hack Bend | My Central Oregon | Visit Central Oregon | Visit Bend
The local chambers of commerce maintain event calendars as well:
Bend | La Pine | Madras | Prineville | Redmond | Sisters
As do some of the larger resorts:
Black Butte Ranch (see “Event Calendar” @ top of page) | Brasada Ranch | Pronghorn | Sunriver
For events elsewhere in Oregon, head to Travel Oregon’s Event Calendar.
Click here to view this weekend’s open houses!
NOTE: As of this writing, real estate is still considered an “essential service” and open houses have not been prohibited outright. Instead, they have been left to the discretion of the individual homeowners and their listing brokers. If you choose to visit open houses, please take the appropriate precautions. Alternately, if you have a smartphone or tablet, you can schedule a virtual walkthrough with your broker.
Although our physical offices are closed indefinitely, most of our brokers are available via phone/email/appointment and are ready and willing to assist you with your real estate needs.
View statements regarding COVID-19 from HSoA CEO Gino Blefari, BHHS CEO Chris Stuart, and BHHS Northwest Real Estate and BHHS Real Estate Professionals CEO Jason Waugh.
Please stay safe and healthy.