Central Oregon Weekend Planner – May 15-17, 2020.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
The On-going Impact of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In March, all of Oregon was placed under a “Stay Home, Save Lives” directive. Because of this, non-essential activities been postponed or canceled and most gathering places have been closed. Because of this, you won’t find the usual list of activities going on in Central Oregon this weekend. Instead, you’ll find links to Health & Safety information, closures, and other relevant information.
In addition to this page, our Portland HQ creates several additional Weekend Planners (for our various market areas) with an eye towards activities that can be done at home or online.
- 2020 May 6 – “At their meeting on May 6, the Board of Commissioners determined that the order restricting short term rentals (Order 2020-017) will not be extended. The current order (and restrictions) will remain in effect until May 15. At that time, restrictions will be lifted.” More here….
- 2020 May 12 – COVID-19 Updates for Bend Park & Recreation District
- 2020 May 14 – Smith Rock State Park is set to reopen on a limited basis today. Most of the State Parks in Central Oregon are now open on a limited basis. Please see this handy map for specific details on ALL of Oregon’s State Parks.
Health & Safety Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Oregon Health Authority | COVID-19 Updates
- Deschutes County Health Department
- Ongoing local updates from KTVS News 21, Bend Bulletin, & MyCentralOregon.com
- Central Oregon SOS
- Relief programs
I thought I’d start a list of links of websites & videos that can be viewed from home. This will be an on-going list that hopefully will grow each week. While I’ll definitely give preference to links directly related to Central Oregon, this is not intended to be a “Central Oregon Only” list. If you know of any link(s) that I should include, by all means, please feel free to leave them as comment via the form at the bottom of this page or email them to me directly at mitchd(at)bhhsnw(dot)com.
- Adventure Calls with Chad Copeland (A Central Oregon Adventure Film Series)
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Boynton House: The Next Hundred Years | tour the restored home with its current owner
- Virtual Tours of 12 Incredible Frank Lloyd Wright Buildings
This is not, by any means, intended as a definitive list, but rather a starting point for some of the more popular options/destinations in Central Oregon. Please see also the links to the various local event calendars at the bottom of this page.
- Closure updates compiled at MyCentralOregon.com
- Hoodoo Ski Area (closed for the season)
- Mount Bachelor Ski Area (operations suspended until further notice)
- Willamette Pass (closed for the season)
- Deschutes Library (closed until further notice. F.A.Q. – including links to digital resources.)
- Destination Resorts – Deschutes County has temporarily prohibited short term rental stays in unincorporated, rural parts of the County. This more or less closes the larger Deschutes County resorts, though some still provide limited access to amenities. For more information, please click through to their official sites below:
Please see the specific links below for park updates and closures – not all are closed entirely as of this writing.
- City & County Parks
- State Parks | Park Status Map
- Campgrounds With Day-use Facilities
- Cottonwood Canyon State Park (Moro)
- The Cove Palisades State Park (Culver)
- Deschutes River State Recreation Area (Dallesport)
- La Pine State Park (La Pine)
- Prineville Reservoir State Park (Prineville)
- Prineville Reservoir – Jasper Point (Prineville)
- Smith Rock State Park (Terrebonne)
- Tumalo State Park (Tumalo)
- Day-use Parks
- Cline Falls State Scenic Viewpoint (Redmond)
- Elliott Corbett Memorial State Recreation Site (Santiam Pass)
- Fort Rock State Natural Area (Fort Rock)
- Ochoco State Scenic Viewpoint (Prineville)
- Pilot Butte State Scenic Viewpoint (Bend)
- Peter Skene Ogden State Scenic Viewpoint (Terrebonne)
- Warm Springs State Recreation Area (Warm Springs)
- White River Falls State Park (Tygh Valley)
- Campgrounds With Day-use Facilities
- National Parks & Monuments | 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update.
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- Newberry National Volcanic Monument
- Crater Lake National Park | Crater Lake Lodge
Currently Playing Movies
Most theaters are CLOSED, however, you can still visit the following links for their official statements and anticipated reopening dates:
You can still find upcoming events via the following links. Many will have been canceled by the time you read this, but you should be able to follow links to their respective official event websites for additional info on rescheduling, refunds, etc.
The Source Weekly | Hack Bend | My Central Oregon | Visit Central Oregon | Visit Bend
The local chambers of commerce maintain event calendars as well:
Bend | La Pine | Madras | Prineville | Redmond | Sisters
As do some of the larger resorts:
Black Butte Ranch (see “Event Calendar” @ top of page) | Brasada Ranch | Pronghorn | Sunriver
For events elsewhere in Oregon, head to Travel Oregon’s Event Calendar.
Click here to view this weekend’s open houses!
NOTE: As of this writing, real estate is still considered an “essential service” and open houses have not been prohibited outright. Instead, they have been left to the discretion of the individual homeowners and their listing brokers. If you choose to visit open houses, please take the appropriate precautions. Alternately, if you have a smartphone or tablet, you can schedule a virtual walkthrough with your broker.
Although our physical offices are closed indefinitely, most of our brokers are available via phone/email/appointment and are ready and willing to assist you with your real estate needs.
View statements regarding COVID-19 from HSoA CEO Gino Blefari, BHHS CEO Chris Stuart, and BHHS Northwest Real Estate and BHHS Real Estate Professionals CEO Jason Waugh.
Please stay safe and healthy.