Central Oregon Weekend Planner – May 1-3, 2020.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
The On-going Impact of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In March, all of Oregon was placed under a “Stay Home, Save Lives” directive. Because of this, non-essential activities been postponed or canceled and most gathering places have been closed. Because of this, you won’t find the usual list of activities going on in Central Oregon this weekend. Instead, you’ll find links to Health & Safety information, closures, and other relevant information.
In addition to this page, our Portland HQ creates several additional Weekend Planners (for our various market areas) with an eye towards activities that can be done at home or online.
- 2020 May 6 – The State Park “system [remains] closed to camping at least through May 25. Some parks are beginning to open to limited day-use operations starting May 6, 2020.” More here…
- 2020 May 7 – Governor Kate Brown Releases Plan for Rebuilding a Safe and Strong Oregon
- 2020 May 7 – The Deschutes County Road Department will open Paulina Lake Road on Friday, May 8 at 6 a.m. and Cascade Lakes Highway on Tuesday, May 19, at 6 a.m.
- 2020 May 8 – Air National Guard flyovers
Health & Safety Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Oregon Health Authority
- Deschutes County Health Department
- Ongoing local updates from KTVS News 21, Bend Bulletin, & MyCentralOregon.com
- Central Oregon SOS
- Relief programs
This is not, by any means, intended as a definitive list, but rather a starting point for some of the more popular options/destinations in Central Oregon. Please see also the links to the various local event calendars at the bottom of this page.
- Closure updates compiled at MyCentralOregon.com
- Hoodoo Ski Area (closed for the season)
- Mount Bachelor Ski Area (operations suspended until further notice)
- Willamette Pass (closed for the season)
- Deschutes Library (closed until further notice. F.A.Q. – including links to digital resources.)
- Destination Resorts – Deschutes County has temporarily prohibited short term rental stays in unincorporated, rural parts of the County. This more or less closes the larger Deschutes County resorts, though some still provide limited access to amenities. For more information, please click through to their official sites below:
Please see the specific links below for park updates and closures – not all are closed entirely as of this writing.
- City & County Parks
- State Parks | Update: Some parks are now open to day use…
- Campgrounds With Day-use Facilities
- Cottonwood Canyon State Park (Moro)
- The Cove Palisades State Park (Culver)
- Deschutes River State Recreation Area (Dallesport)
- La Pine State Park (La Pine)
- Prineville Reservoir State Park (Prineville)
- Prineville Reservoir – Jasper Point (Prineville)
- Smith Rock State Park (Terrebonne)
- Tumalo State Park (Tumalo)
- Day-use Parks
- Cline Falls State Scenic Viewpoint (Redmond)
- Elliott Corbett Memorial State Recreation Site (Santiam Pass)
- Fort Rock State Natural Area (Fort Rock)
- Ochoco State Scenic Viewpoint (Prineville)
- Pilot Butte State Scenic Viewpoint (Bend)
- Peter Skene Ogden State Scenic Viewpoint (Terrebonne)
- Warm Springs State Recreation Area (Warm Springs)
- White River Falls State Park (Tygh Valley)
- Campgrounds With Day-use Facilities
- National Parks & Monuments | 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update.
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- Newberry National Volcanic Monument
- Crater Lake National Park | Crater Lake Lodge
Currently Playing Movies
Most theaters are CLOSED, however, you can still visit the following links for their official statements and anticipated reopening dates:
You can still find upcoming events via the following links. Many will have been canceled by the time you read this, but you should be able to follow links to their respective official event websites for additional info on rescheduling, refunds, etc.
The Source Weekly | Hack Bend | My Central Oregon | Visit Central Oregon | Visit Bend
The local chambers of commerce maintain event calendars as well:
Bend | La Pine | Madras | Prineville | Redmond | Sisters
As do some of the larger resorts:
Black Butte Ranch (see “Event Calendar” @ top of page) | Brasada Ranch | Pronghorn | Sunriver
For events elsewhere in Oregon, head to Travel Oregon’s Event Calendar.
Click here to view this weekend’s open houses!
NOTE: As of this writing, real estate is still considered an “essential service” and open houses have not been prohibited outright. Instead, they have been left to the discretion of the individual homeowners and their listing brokers. If you choose to visit open houses, please take the appropriate precautions. Alternately, if you have a smartphone or tablet, you can schedule a virtual walkthrough with your broker.
Although our physical offices are closed indefinitely, most of our brokers are available via phone/email/appointment and are ready and willing to assist you with your real estate needs.
View statements regarding COVID-19 from HSoA CEO Gino Blefari, BHHS CEO Chris Stuart, and BHHS Northwest Real Estate and BHHS Real Estate Professionals CEO Jason Waugh.
Please stay safe and healthy.