Central Oregon Weekend Planner – Nov. 8-10, 2019.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
Friday, Nov. 8
- FRI-SAT – It’s an old tale…one you’ve heard six times before. Five college students go off to an old abandoned cabin in the woods and accidentally unleash an evil force that turns them into hilarious dancing, singing Zombies! Sing and shout along with Bend’s favorite Zombie Musical, Directed by Sandy Klein & Tracie Wrisley, Music Direction by Rick Buckley Featuring The Evil Bobby Band Through November 9 at The Cascades Theatre.
First Friday Gallery Walk @ The Old Mill District
- FRI– The art galleries in the Old Mill District represent numerous artists and some are working artist studios. Our galleries showcase a variety of mediums from traditional paintings, sculpture, and photography to printmaking, fiber, and mixed media. Stop by anytime and meet these working artists and experience their beautiful works. Stop by on the first Friday of each month, year ’round, to view new showings. Music and libations will be available.
Millie’s Chili Feed & Heritage Fair
- FRI– The Deschutes Historical Museum invites the public to our Annual Chili Feed, Bake Sale, & Raffle event November 8 & 9 from 11:00am to 3:00pm, at the Deschutes Historical Museum. Our annual chili feed features “Millie’s Chili,” cooked with locally raised Barley Beef from Rastovich Farms, one of the oldest working family farms in the Country.
BEAT Children’s Theater presents Frozen Jr.
- FRI-SUN (Nov. 17) – The enchanting modern classic from Disney is ready for your young actor! Frozen Jr. is based on the 2018 Broadway musical, and brings Elsa, Anna, and the magical land of Arendelle to life, onstage. The show features all of the memorable songs from the animated film, with music and lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, plus five new songs written for the Broadway production.
High School Musical, Jr. @ Trinity Lutheran School
- FRI-SUN – Disney’s High School Musical, Jr. comes to life on Trinity’s stage on November 8th and 9th! The students of East High must deal with issues of love, friends, and family while balancing their classes and activities. Despite the various cliques, they eventually come to terms that they are ‘all in this together’.
Saturday, Nov. 9
Bend Ale Run
- SAT – This breathtaking half marathon course is brand new to Central Oregon. Racers start on NW Crossing Road just north of Summit High School and head west into the new Tree Farm housing development. After a short section of gravel, runners will get to experience what brand new asphalt feels like underfoot as they follow the black ribbon of new roadways through this very scenic section of the course. Sweeping views of the Cascade Mountain Range allow you to see Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, Three Fingered Jack, North, Middle, and South Sisters, and finally Mt. Bachelor.
Bend Ale Fest
- SAT – Join us in Bend’s Northwest Crossing Neighborhood to sample the region’s best beers. The Bend Ale Festival is also the finish line for the Bend Ale Run.
Mining Day @ The High Desert Museum
- SAT – Stake a claim, pan for gold and have your earnings authenticated in our indoor placer mine and boomtown.
2nd Saturday Art Reception @ Artists Gallery in Sunriver Village
- SAT – 2nd Saturday at the Artists Gallery in the Village at Sunriver is a special time to enjoy great company, food and beverages plus incredible art! This free reception from 4 to 6pm features several different art mediums and unique gift ideas. Meet the artists and enjoyed a chilled glass of wine or cold local brew while shopping for that perfect gift. November’s theme will be “Giving Thanks”.
High Desert Chamber Music Twelfth Annual Gala @ Bend Golf Club
- SAT – Get dressed in your best and kick off the holiday season with a festive party in support of High Desert Chamber Music programs: HDCM Concert Series and Educational Outreach programs
Sunday, Nov. 10
Keller Williams “Pettygrass” featuring The HillBenders @ The Tower Theatre
- SUN – The one-man-band and live looping master showcases his solo electronic sampling wizardry. Then, hard-charging string maestros The HillBenders join Williams for a bluegrass twist on the rock music of Tom Petty. “The HillBenders share my passion for Petty’s music,” notes Keller. “And they’re kick-butt pickers with amazing attention to detail.” It’s an unconventional tribute, complete with audience sing-alongs.
BendBroadBand’s Jazz At The Oxford
- ONGOING – From October 2019 through March 2020, Oxford Hotel Bend and the Central Oregon community will welcome an incredible and diverse lineup of world-class artists over five separate weekends.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Friday, Nov. 8
- SLEDFILM 20 @ The Tower Theatre
- Saturday, Nov. 9
- Sunday, Nov. 10
- Monday, Nov. 11
- Tuesday, Nov. 12
- THE GODFATHER PART II (45th Anniversary) @ Regal Old Mill 16 & IMAX
- KONOSUBA – GOD’S BLESSING ON THIS WONDERFUL WORLD! – LEGEND OF CRIMSON @ Regal Old Mill 16 & IMAX
- Wednesday, Nov. 13
- Thursday, Nov. 14
- THE TWILIGHT ZONE: A 60th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION @ Regal Old Mill 16 & IMAX
- Friday, Nov. 8
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
For a complete list of events in the area for the entire month, please visit Central Oregon Events.