Central Oregon Weekend Planner – Oct. 25-27, 2019.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to events throughout Central Oregon!
Friday, Oct. 25
4th Friday Art Stroll @ Downtown Sisters
- FRI – October’s fourth Friday Artwalk is right on schedule this Friday, with many galleries and supporting businesses remaining open from 4 to 7 p.m. in support of the arts and Sisters Arts Association.
Dance Of The Dead @ Worthy Brewing
- Starts FRI – Featuring live performances by LUNIZ, Local DJ’s and more…check out the Day of the Dead Themed decor, food carts, award-winning beer, themed drinks and of course… Come in costume for central Oregon’s biggest costume contest where you could win cash, trips, and prizes!
Evil Dead – The Musical
- Starts FRI – It’s an old tale…one you’ve heard six times before. Five college students go off to an old abandoned cabin in the woods and accidentally unleash an evil force that turns them into hilarious dancing, singing Zombies! Sing and shout along with Bend’s favorite Zombie Musical, Directed by Sandy Klein & Tracie Wrisley, Music Direction by Rick Buckley Featuring The Evil Bobby Band October 25- November 9 at The Cascades Theatre.
Oregon Archaeology Month
- FRI – Learn more about Oregon’s rich cultural history at Smith Rock State Park’s Oregon Archaeology lecture series, every Friday evening in October. The presentations take place from 7 pm – 8:30 p.m. at the park’s Welcome Center. This Friday, Oregon State Park Cultural Resource Specialist, Paul Patton, will present the debut of a new Smith Rock OAC series, Obscure Oregon, that examines the state’s many lesser-known and uncelebrated historical figures, places, and occurrences.
Saturday, Oct. 26
Batacular @ Deschutes National Forest headquarters
- SAT – The Deschutes National Forest in partnership with Discover Your Forest will host Batacular, an educational and family fun day on Saturday, October 26th from 10 am – 1 pm. Participants will learn about bats while enjoying themselves at a wide variety of interactive stations. We will host crafts, games, snacks, tips to inspire guests to become Bat Heroes, a mini cave to explore, a photo booth and much more!
Halloween Dance Party @ McMenamins Old St. Francis School
- SAT – Come in costume to celebrate the spookiest of holidays… Some of our spots are said to be haunted, with guests claiming to have experienced paranormal activity. Or perhaps it’s just the Hammerhead talking. You be the judge.
Halloween Dinner & Dance @ La Pine Senior Center
- SAT – Some come to dance, some come to listen and some come to socialize but everybody has fun! Costume not required but recommended for fun factor.
Halloween Party @ Immersion Brewing
- SAT – Back by popular demand, we are on it again for our Halloween party! This year we are bringing in DJ Wicked from Portland playing all evening. He’s opened for Wu-Tang Clan, Eminem, and Outkast just to name a few. It’s a guaranteed good time! We are also teaming up with Oregon Spirit Distillers for some specialty cocktails.
Tales Of Hallow’s Eve @ The High Desert Museum
- SAT – A Halloween party like you’ve never seen! Dare to enter the haunted Spirit of the West exhibit. Family fun for all ages. Costumes encouraged!
Sunday, Oct. 27
Central Oregon Flea Market, Craft, & Christmas Bazaar @ Deschutes County Expo Center
- SUN – Featuring Flea Market, Crafts, and CHRISTMAS BAZAAR items. Vintage, collectibles, new, used, toys, children’s books and games, jewelry, hand made items, home made jams & jellies, honey, pastries, old signs, antiques, something for everyone!
- SUN – The Annual Empty Bowls event is one of NeighborImpact’s premier fundraisers. Attendees receive a beautifully handcrafted bowl made by local potters, as well as lunch consisting of a variety of soups or chili, bread, refreshments, and dessert. Attendees enjoy a relaxed dining experience at the COCC Campus Center that includes music by local artists.
Keep Calm And Sing Gilbert & Sullivan
- SUN – Cascadia Chamber Opera and OperaBend team up to present “Gilbert and Sullivan, A Celebration.” Spend an evening in the topsy-turvy world of favorite selections from Pirates of Penzance, The Mikado, HMS Pinafore and others. This unique event takes place at The Pinckney Center on COCC’s campus, October 27th, at 3pm.
Scaregrounds @ Deschutes County Expo Center
- FRI-SAT (THROUGH NOV. 2) – Scare yourself silly at three separate attractions at the Deschutes County Expo Center starting this Friday and running each subsequent Friday & Saturday until November 2.
- THROUGH OCT 31 – Head to the pumpkin patch at DD Ranch, free admission and parking.
BendBroadBand’s Jazz At The Oxford
- ONGOING – From October 2019 through March 2020, Oxford Hotel Bend and the Central Oregon community will welcome an incredible and diverse lineup of world-class artists over five separate weekends.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Saturday, Oct. 26
- Sunday, Oct. 27
- Monday, Oct. 28
- Tuesday, Oct. 29
- Cirque du Soleil in Cinema Presents LUZIA @ Regal Old Mill 16 & IMAX
- Wednesday, Oct 30
- Thursday, Oct 31
- HALLOWEEN (49th Anniversary) @ The Tin Pan Theater
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- AD ASTRA
- THE ADDAMS FAMILY (2019)
- ANGEL HAS FALLEN
- DOWNTON ABBEY
- GEMINI MAN
- JOKER (2019)
- JUDY (2019
- THE LION KING (2019)
- LINDA RONSTADT: THE SOUND OF MY VOICE
- LUCY IN THE SKY (2019)
- MALEFICENT: MISTRESS OF EVIL
- ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD
- THE PEANUT BUTTER FALCON
- RETURN TO MOUNT KENNEDY
- ZOMBIELAND: DOUBLE TAP
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
For a complete list of events in the area for the entire month, please visit Central Oregon Events.