Central Oregon Weekend Planner – Oct. 4-6, 2019.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to events throughout Central Oregon!
Friday, Oct. 4
Bend Fall Festival
- FRI-SUN – Bring the whole family to the Bend Fall Festival for pumpkin painting, gourmet food, wine, live music, and more!
First Friday Gallery Walk
- FRI – The art galleries in the Old Mill District represent numerous artists and some are working artist studios. Our galleries showcase a variety of mediums from traditional paintings, sculpture, and photography to printmaking, fiber, and mixed media. Stop by anytime and meet these working artists and experience their beautiful works. Stop by on the first Friday of each month, year ’round, to view new showings. Music and libations will be available.
Oregon Archaeology Month
- FRI – Learn more about Oregon’s rich cultural history at Smith Rock State Park’s Oregon Archaeology lecture series, every Friday evening in October. The presentations take place 7 – 8:30 p.m. at the park’s Welcome Center. This Friday’s lecture is titled Life and Art on the Columbia Plateau.
Wild & Scenic Film Festival
- FRI – The Tower Theatre hosts the Wild & Scenic Film Festival for an evening of short films, showcasing our earth’s natural wonders.
These Shining Lives
- THROUGH OCT 13 – Cascade Theater plays These Shining Lives, presented through a dramatist play service based on the story of four women in the 1920’s.
- THROUGH OCT 31 – Head to the pumpkin patch at DD Ranch, free admission and parking.
Scaregrounds @ Deschutes County Expo Center
- FRI-SAT – Scare yourself silly at three separate attractions at the Deschutes County Expo Center starting this Friday and running each subsequent Friday & Saturday until November 2.
Saturday, Oct. 5
- SAT – The Pine Tavern hosts the 5th Annual Beerfest with a beer garden, food, and people’s choice judging Monkless Belgian Ales and Central Oregon breweries.
High Desert Concert
- SAT – The High Desert Chamber Music Concert Series presents a 4 piano quartet.
Kid’s Harvest Run
- SAT – The PacificSource Rock the Races event hosts a kids’ course at Troy Field. Cross the finish line and receive a pumpkin.
Walk To Defeat ALS
- SAT – Walk along the Old Mill District with the community in support of finding a cure for ALS.
Sunriver Fall Festival
- SAT-SUN – The Sunriver Resort’s Fall Festival, two weekends of fun for the whole family, will take place on Oct. 5 & 6 and Oct 12 to 13. Bring the family anytime between the hours of 1 to 5 pm and explore the pumpkin patch, enjoy the hayrides, the hay maze, live music, pumpkin decorating, fall-inspired foods, drink specials, the petting zoo and shop the harvest marketplace.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Friday, Oct. 4
- Wild & Scenic Film Festival @ The Tower Theater
- Saturday, Oct. 5
- MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL @ Regal Old Mill 16
- Friday, Oct. 4
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
For a complete list of events in the area for the entire month, please visit Central Oregon Events.