Central Oregon Weekend Planner – October 30 – November 1, 2020.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
- Reopening Status Map for Oregon Counties
- Phase 2 reopening guidelines (Most Oregon counties have been approved for Phase 2.)
- 2020 Jul 01 – Face Coverings Required Statewide Effective July 1st
- 2020 Oct 13 – OR 22 in Santiam Canyon to open to all traffic starting tonight at 7 p.m.
- 2020 Oct 14 – Oregon Wildfire Updates:
- 2020 Oct 15 – Monitor sprinkler systems for safety during freezing weather
- 2020 Oct 21 – Deschutes National Forest Plans to Close Forest Service Road 370 on Monday Vehicle access from Todd Lake to Forest Service Road 4601 will be closed
- 2020 Oct 21 – Gasoline Demand Falls to Lowest Level in Four Months
Health & Safety Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Oregon Health Authority | COVID-19 Updates
- Deschutes County Health Department
- Ongoing local updates from KTVS News 21, Bend Bulletin, & MyCentralOregon.com
- Central Oregon SOS
- Relief programs
Where Are The events?
I have found it increasingly difficult to reliably create an accurate list of weekly events amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Restrictions, cancellations, late additions, etc. all conspire against the limited time I have each week to devote to such an endeavor. So, for the foreseeable future, I’m going to defer to the professionally-maintained local event calendars linked below:
For events elsewhere in Oregon, head to Travel Oregon’s Event Calendar.
The list of links below are websites & videos that can be viewed from home. This will be an on-going list that hopefully will grow each week. While I’ll definitely give preference to links directly related to Central Oregon, this is not intended to be a “Central Oregon Only” list. If you know of any link(s) that I should include, by all means, please feel free to leave them as a comment via the form at the bottom of this page or email them to me directly at mitchd(at)bhhsnw(dot)com.
In addition to this list, our Portland HQ creates a Weekend Planner each week with an eye towards activities that can be done at home or online, as well as some select activities that embrace social distancing.
- 10 Buildings That Changed American Architecture.
- Explore the celebrity side of architecture with Architectural Digest.
- Frank Lloyd Wright’s Boynton House: The Next Hundred Years | tour the restored home with its current owner | virtual tours of 12 incredible Frank Lloyd Wright buildings
- Learn ‘how to architect‘ with Doug Patt.
- The Genius Behind Some Of The World’s Most Famous Buildings a TED talk by Renzo Piano
- Drive tastefully with Petrolicious.
- Explore Jay Leno’s Garage.
- Go for a drive with Matt Farrah at The Smoking Tire.
- Go on The Grand Tour with former Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May and follow their ongoing adventures on the spin-off channel, Drivetribe.
- Review cars with Doug DeMuro and stick around for More Doug DeMuro.
- Dissect popular songs with Christian James Hand:
- Learn about bass guitar with Scott Devine.
- Learn about guitar with Steve Vai and Eric Johnson.
- Check out the short but exhaustive histories of popular guitars at Five Watt World.
- Learn about music theory & production with Rick Beato.
- Follow the adventures of the Fstoppers crew and even hang out with them live.
- “Keep shooting” with Bryan Peterson.
- Learn a little more about photography with Joe McNally.
- Live like an artist on ‘Tequila Thursdays‘ with photographer Art Wolfe (Instagram | facebook | youtube) and follow it up on facebook as he chats with one of his photographic colleagues on his Earth Is Our Witness series.
- Photography training site, KelbyOne is offering free weekly webinars, free access to some of their top-watched classes, and discounts on Plus and Pro memberships.
Parks & Rec.
Please see the specific links below for park updates and closures – not all are closed entirely as of this writing.
- City & County Parks
- State Parks | updates | map
- Campgrounds With Day-use Facilities
- Cottonwood Canyon State Park (Moro)
- The Cove Palisades State Park (Culver)
- Deschutes River State Recreation Area (Dallesport)
- La Pine State Park (La Pine)
- Prineville Reservoir State Park (Prineville)
- Prineville Reservoir – Jasper Point (Prineville)
- Smith Rock State Park (Terrebonne)
- Tumalo State Park (Tumalo)
- Day-use Parks
- Cline Falls State Scenic Viewpoint (Redmond)
- Elliott Corbett Memorial State Recreation Site (Santiam Pass)
- Fort Rock State Natural Area (Fort Rock)
- Ochoco State Scenic Viewpoint (Prineville)
- Pilot Butte State Scenic Viewpoint (Bend)
- Peter Skene Ogden State Scenic Viewpoint (Terrebonne)
- Warm Springs State Recreation Area (Warm Springs)
- White River Falls State Park (Tygh Valley)
- Campgrounds With Day-use Facilities
- National Parks & Monuments | 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) update.
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument
- Newberry National Volcanic Monument
- Crater Lake National Park | Crater Lake Lodge
Currently Playing Movies
At this writing, most theaters have reopened – though Sisters Movie House has remained closed and Bend’s Old Mill 16 has re-closed (as have all REGAL theaters nation-wide). Redmond Cinema is offering exclusive private showings by reservation. All theaters require face masks.
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Friday, October 30
- Saturday, October 31
- Sunday, November 1
- Come watch the NFL on the big screen! At the Pine Theater (Prineville) every Sunday. Doors open at 9:45 am. Games start at 10 am – 4:30 pm. Grab a beer, wine, soda, coffee, and a snack. Sit back relax and enjoy the NFL.
- Monday, November 2
- Tuesday, November 3
- Wednesday, November 4
- Thursday, November 5
- Every Thursday: Classic B Horror Films – House On Haunted Hill (1959) @ Tin Pan Ally (outdoors in the alley)
- NEW RELEASES:
- Come Play (2020)
- Padre No Hay Más Que Uno 2: La llegada De La Suegra (2020)
- Spell (2020)
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- Beetlejuice (1988)
- Charade (1963)
- The Empty Man (2020)
- Halloween (1978)
- Hocus Pocus (1993)
- Honest Thief (2020)
- Monsters, Inc. ()
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- The Stranger (1946)
- Tenet (2020)
- The War With Grandpa (2020)
- The War With Grandpa (2020) [Español]
- The following four titles apply to private showings at Redmond Cinema:
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
- Premiering Thursday evening, October 22:
- Given the nation-wide re-closure of Regal Cinemas, many of the following titles/dates may now be irrelevant. However, some are slated to run at other local theaters (e.g. Bend’s Tower Theatre). The rest I’ll leave in place for now, in case Regal should happen to reopen sooner than later.
- Oct 31 – Three Tenors – Voices For Eternity (2020)
- Nov 01 – Apollo 13 (1995) [25th Anniversary]
- Nov 04 – Met Opera: Rigoletto (2020 encore)
- Nov 05 – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) [30th anniversary]
- Nov 10 – Recon (2019)
- Nov 11 – Met Opera: Madama Butterfly (2020 encore)
- Nov 11 – The Outpost [directors cut] (2020)
- Nov 19 – Against The Tide (2020)
- Nov 21 – 42nd Street – The Musical (2019)
- Dec 03 – National Theatre Live – Fleabag (2020 encore)
- Dec 05 – Met Opera – The Magic Flute (2020 encore)
- Dec 16 – Met Opera – Tosca (2020 encore)
- Premiering Thursday evening, October 22:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Sisters Movie House (Still closed – click through for the latest info.)
NOTE: As of this writing, real estate is still considered an “essential service” and open houses have not been prohibited outright. Instead, they have been left to the discretion of the individual homeowners and their listing brokers. If you choose to visit open houses, please take the appropriate precautions. Alternately, if you have a smartphone or tablet, you can schedule a virtual walkthrough with your broker.
Although many of our physical offices are only open by appointment, our brokers are available via phone/email/appointment and are ready and willing to assist you with your real estate needs.
Please stay safe and healthy.