Central Oregon Weekend Planner – Sep. 13-15, 2019.
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to showcase events throughout Central Oregon!
Friday, Sep. 13
Uncorked Wine Event @ Sunriver’s SHARC
- FRI-SAT – Enjoy 2 days of chocolate, cheese, and wine as well as music, food carts, and boutique vendors at one of Sunriver’s signature events! In addition to entry, the admission price to Uncorked includes 2 tasting tokens, a wine glass, and a wine bag.
The Oregon Love @ Hoodoo Resort
- FRI-SUN – VW bus and Sprinters, truck campers, vans, schoolies, RV’s, and beyond; any vehicle may camp so reserve now “by rig” and clown-car your squad to the Oregon Love!
Outdoor City @ Mt. Bachelor
- FRI-SUN – Outdoor City is the multisport festival where an anticipated 10,000 outdoors enthusiasts of all ages, abilities, and disciplines will descend for three nonstop days in mid-September to ride, run, walk, hike, climb and hone skills on some of the most spectacular roads, trails and climbs in the country. Not to mention sampling local Central Oregon’s famous music, beer & wine, cuisine, and nightlife.
Mama Mia live @ The Tower Theater, Bend
- FRI-SAT (Sep. 21) – Over 65 million people all around the world have fallen in love with the characters, the story and the music that make MAMMA MIA! the ultimate feel-good show! When a young bride-to-be tries to find her real father, it’s more confusing than she thought! Told through the hit songs of pop group ABBA, this all-local musical sensation will turn you into a dancing queen!
Saturday, Sep. 14
Central Oregon Saturday Market
- SAT – Head to the Central Oregon Saturday Market featuring local artists, businesses, and produce.
CROP Farmer’s Market
- SAT – CROP announces a Saturday Farmers Market in Prineville at Stryker Park. Come buy locally grown produce, beef, pork, bison, lavender and so much more. Support our local farmers/ranchers.
Crush Cancer @ Faith Hope & Charity Vineyard, Terrebonne
- SAT – Crush Cancer is a family-friendly trail run Event with 5k, 10k, or Half Marathon courses in beautiful Central Oregon hosted by Faith Hope & Charity Vineyards. All proceeds of Crush Cancer benefit Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle WA.
Free Day & Open House @ Sunriver Nature Center
- SAT – Enjoy free admission for the entire family during our yearly fall Open House. Come see why Sunriver Nature Center & Observatory remains a Central Oregon destination for discovery and fun. Admission is waived for day-time admission (10 am – 4 pm) only.
Halfway To St. Patricks Day @ McMenamins
- SAT – We try not to do anything halfway around these parts – except for this annual party, that is! It’s a full-on celebration marking the halfway point to our favorite holiday. We’ll have music, food and drink specials and more. Get the cool event stamp for your Passport.
Gary Clark, Jr. @ Les Schwab Amphitheater, Bend
- SAT – Ever since 2010, when Gary Clark Jr. wowed audiences with electrifying live sets everywhere from the Crossroads Festival to Hollywood’s historic Hotel Café, his modus operandi has remained crystal clear. “I listen to everything,” Clark says. “So I want to play everything.”
Harvest Moon Camping Photo Workshop @ Smith Rock State Park, Terrebonne
- SAT-Sun – Fall Harvest Moon is one of the most beautiful events of Fall and we’re having a camping workshop to celebrate it! We will camp out at Smith Rock and watch the moon rise at night and then set over the rocks in the morning. We will set up camp, then watch the sunset and the moon rise. Then get up early for the moon set and sunrise. We will then pack up and head back to Bend in the morning. This workshop is capped at 6 people to ensure personalized instruction and individualized attention.
Sunday, Sep. 15
Sisters Farmers Market @ Fir Street Park
- SUN – Sisters Farmers Market invites you to come on down for some small-town fun! Share the bounty of our special town in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Microlocal produce, artisanal foods, handcrafted goods, & more! Now on Sundays—featuring lunch, coffee, wellness demos, music, and a splash pad for the kids.
Second Annual SRWC Silent Art Auction & Wine Event
- SUN – Join us for wine, delicious hors d’oeuvres and fine art at this special fundraising event. Local artists and artists in this year’s Sunriver Art Fair are generously donating pieces for a silent auction event, benefiting the SRWC philanthropy program. Enjoy sipping your wine on the patio while bidding on art and choosing a mystery bottle of wine from the Wall of Wine.
Mt. Bachelor Bike Park
- ONGOING – The Mt. Bachelor Bike Park offers 13 miles of downhill trails and different options for various skill levels.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
tin pan, sisters
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Sunday, Sep. 15
- STAR TREK – THE MOTION PICTURE (40th Anniversary) @ Old Mill 16, Bend
- Monday, Sep. 16
- Tuesday, Sep. 17
- Wednesday, Sep. 18
- Thursday, Sep. 19
- Sunday, Sep. 15
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- ALADDIN (2019)
- ANGEL HAS FALLEN
- THE ANGRY BIRDS MOVIE 2
- THE ART OF RACING IN THE RAIN
- DAVID CROSBY – REMEMBER MY NAME
- DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD
- THE FAREWELL (2019)
- FAST & FURIOUS PRESENTS: HOBBS & SHAW
- GOOD BOYS (2019)
- IT CHAPTER TWO (2019)
- THE LION KING (2019)
- ONCE UPON A TIME … IN HOLLYWOOD
- THE PEANUT BUTTER FALCON
- READY OR NOT
- SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK
- SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME (Extended Cut)
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
For a complete list of events in the area for the entire month, please visit Central Oregon Events.