Central Oregon Weekend Planner – Thanksgiving, 2019
Here is our Central Oregon weekend planner, created each week to events throughout Central Oregon!
Thursday (THANKSGIVING), Nov. 28
I Like Pie 5K Run/Walk @ Bend’s Old Mill District
- THU – All proceeds of I Like Pie benefit Girls On The Run and NeighborImpact. The two event options — an untimed 5k community run/walk and a shorter untimed family fun run/walk — will again be in the Old Mill District with a new course design to ease congestion. Please note that if you plan to attend, registration is required. Individuals and families of all ages and running/walking abilities are encouraged to come run/walk, bring pie, eat pie, and have fun!
Redmond Turkey Trot 5K/10K Run @ the Deschutes County Expo Center
- THU – We will hold the event snow or shine! Check out the latest FB post to get all the details you need.
Carson’s Plated Thanksgiving Dinner @ Sunriver Resort
- THU – Join us for an elaborate and delicious traditional Thanksgiving dinner at Sunriver Resort.
Thanksgiving @ Brasada Ranch
- THU – Bring family and friends together this Thanksgiving at The Ranch. Featured activities and events will include Chef Doug’s Thanksgiving Day feast at Range, Black Friday sales, pony rides, flag football games, and breakfast with Santa.
Thanksgiving Buffet @ Broken Top Club
- THU – Let Broken Top do the cooking! Reservations recommended.
Thanksgiving Buffet @ McMenamins Old St. Francis School
- THU – If you join us for Thanksgiving, we’ll do the cooking! Our buffet includes the classics, from roast turkey to pumpkin pies, plus some delicious sides you won’t find anywhere else. Of course, the bar will be open so you can order the perfect ale, wine or spirit to accompany your feast.
Thanksgiving Buffet @ Pronghorn Resort
- THU – Reservations required.
Thanksgiving Dinner @ 10 Below at The Oxford Hotel
- THU – Join us for our abundant four-course prix fixe dinner on Thanksgiving Day, including some of your favorite holiday dishes (reservations required).
Friday, Nov. 29
Black Friday Brunch @ Brasada Ranch
- FRI – Before heading out for the Black Friday sales, stop by the Ranch House for a delicious Black Friday brunch with family and friends. Drinks will be available to-go while you shop. And from 9:00 am to close, our members and guests are invited to shop great discounts in the General Store, Golf Shop, Athletic Center, and Spa Brasada as part of the all-day Brasada Black Friday Sale!
Black Friday Bonanza @ The Old Mill
- FRI – Black Friday in the Old Mill District is highlighted by great deals from independent, regional and national stores in an environment that won’t drive you to the brink of your sanity. Check back here as we update our shops’ various Black Friday specials.
Sunriver Turkey Trot 5K Walk/Run
- FRI – Come join us to work off that Thanksgiving feast at our annual 5K Turkey Trot Fun Run/Walk supporting the NeighborImpact program. We will be hosting a Thanksgiving-themed costume contest again this year with prizes for the top three decked-out individuals.
Santa Flies In @ the Les Schwab Amphitheater
- FRI – Just one day after the I Like Pie Run on Thanksgiving, Santa Claus hitches a ride into the Les Schwab Amphitheater with his helicopter buddies from AirLink. Our connections in the North Pole say Santa will arrive around 10:15 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 29. Santa traditionally chats with children and families after he land before heading over to SantaLand in the Old Mill District.
SantaLand in the Old Mill District
- FRI-SUN – After flying in on an AirLink helicopter on Friday, Nov. 29, Santa Claus will make his way to SantaLand in the Old Mill District, located this year in the former Gymboree space between REI and Tumalo Art Co. Families can stop in and take pictures will Jolly St. Nick every Friday through Sunday after Thanksgiving until Dec. 15 and daily from Dec. 19-23. You’ll also find the Tree of Joy in SantaLand, a project between the Rotary Clubs of Central Oregon and the Salvation Army that provides gift suggestions for children and families in need.
Black Friday Sale & Barrel Tasting @ Maragas Winery
- FRI – Once-a-year Black Friday Sale & annual barrel tasting event.
Holiday Village Market @ Redmond’s Centennial Park
- FRI-SAT – Find original gifts for the hard-to-buy-for friend, family member or co-worker at Redmond’s Holiday Village Market, presented by the Redmond Chamber of Commerce & CVB.
Sunriver Resort Holiday Marketplace
- FRI-SAT – The 18th Annual Sunriver Resort Holiday Marketplace is located in the Homestead Building and the Heritage Gallery and rooms in the Great Hall. Find a unique gift or something for yourself at our annual Marketplace. Items created by local and regional artists will be featured, including pottery, jewelry, fine arts, textiles, metalwork, stained glass woodworking, soaps and lotions, delicious treats and more. Local nonprofit Wonderland Express will also be holding a silent auction of items donated by the artisans during the show.
Winter Wonderland with Santa & Mrs. Claus @ Sunriver Lodge
- FRI-SAT – Santa and Mrs. Claus are making a special appearance at Winter Wonderland at Sunriver Resort, November 29 and 30. Come see Santa and Mrs. Claus and let Santa know your Christmas wishes! Mom and Dad are invited to take photos. Enjoy a candy cane while you visit!
Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley @ Cascades Theatrical Company
- FRI – through Dec 15 – A sequel to Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice set two years after the novel ends, MISS BENNET continues the story, only this time with bookish middle-sister Mary as its unlikely heroine. Mary is growing tired of her role as a dutiful middle sister in the face of her siblings’ romantic escapades. When the family gathers for Christmas at Pemberley, an unexpected guest sparks Mary’s hopes for independence, an intellectual match, and possibly even love.
Starfest Celebration @ Eagle Crest Resort
- FRI-SAT (through Dec. 19) – Come tour our magical, mile-long light show in style, aboard a horse-drawn wagon! Join us after the ride for cookies, hot chocolate, and pictures with Santa! Starting Black Friday, November 29th, every Friday and Saturday through December 21st (5:30-9:30 pm).
Saturday, Nov. 30
Brunch With Santa @ The Great Hall, Sunriver
- SAT – Have brunch with Santa and all of his Sunriver friends in the beautiful and historic Great Hall at Sunriver Resort. Enjoy a festive spread of holiday favorites and fun holiday characters to mix and mingle with too!
Shop Small Saturday @ Downtown Bend
- SAT – Join us on November 30th, 2019 (the Saturday after Thanksgiving) and have a BIG impact on your local community by shopping small! It all starts in The Commons Plaza, 875 NW Brooks Alley Stop by the Downtown Bend Business Association’s annual Shop Small Passport Event (see list below) and collect stamps in your passport so that you can be entered to win one of a dozen AMAZING price baskets made with items donated by our local merchants! (no fee and no purchase necessary to play).
Gingerbread House Decorating @ Brasada Ranch
- SAT – Members and guests are invited to come decorate their very own gingerbread house in the Hideout. Brasada Adventures will provide the gingerbread, frosting, and decorations and be on hand to ensure that families have a wonderful time and have plenty of supplies. Children age 10 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Civil War: Oregon State Vs. Oregon @ Brasada Ranch
- SAT – This year, the Oregon Ducks will take on the Oregon State Beavers at Autzen Stadium in Eugene, and we’ll watch all the action on the projector screen in Range and enjoy a Tailgate theme. We’ll be grilling hot dogs and burgers, plus we will have a keg of beer for a real tailgater experience. Grab your hot dog and head into Range to enjoy the game. $10/person includes hot dog or hamburger and 1 domestic beer.
Civil War: Oregon State Vs. Oregon @ Touchmark at Mt. Bachelor Village in Bend
- SAT – Fans of the University of Oregon and Oregon State University gather for the annual Civil War game. Tailgate food will be provided and there will be prize drawings!
Civil War: Oregon State Vs. Oregon @ River’s Place, 787 NE Purcell Blvd, Bend
- SAT – Join us for the game! We have 3 big-screen TVs and a warm, cozy tap house for you to cheer on your team. And this is definitely a ‘sound on’ occasion! Happy Hour prices on Hop Valley and Block 15 beer during the game. And just for fun, we are hosting a friendly IPA competition. Hop Valley (Eugene) VS. Block 15 (Corvallis).
The Nutcracker A Child’s Tale @ The Tower Theatre
- SAT – Academie de Ballet Presents “The Nutcracker A Child’s Tale.”
Redmond Starlight Christmas Parade & Community Tree Lighting Ceremony
- SAT – The Starlight Parade is free and will take place in downtown Redmond on 6th Street, from Dogwood to Forest, brought to you through the efforts of the Redmond Chamber of Commerce. The Community Tree Lighting Ceremony will take place shortly after the end of the Parad and Santa will be there for all of the wonderful photo opportunities.
Sunday, Dec. 1
Gingerbread House Decorating @ the Oxford Hotel
- SUN – Join us for an afternoon of delight on December 1st in the Bond Room, at the Oxford Hotel, and let your creativity and imagination take over as we welcome the holiday spirit. Last year’s Gingerbread House party was an absolute blast and we’re looking forward to seeing you again! Gingerbread houses are $20 each and include all of the frosting and candy you’ll need to make your oh-so-sweet dream house! Reservations are required, so please call 541.382.1010 to secure your spot.
Holiday Light Show @ Sunriver Resort
- Through Jan. 24 – Grab a Hot Toddy or Hot Cocoa at The Lodge and join us in the Back Yard for our NEW Holiday Light Show, happening 3 times every evening. Enjoy your favorite holiday songs as thousands of lights dance to the beat. Shows will be between 15 and 20 minutes long and will rotate through a selection of songs with a mix of kids and adult favorites
BendBroadBand’s Jazz At The Oxford
- ONGOING – From October 2019 through March 2020, Oxford Hotel Bend and the Central Oregon community will welcome an incredible and diverse lineup of world-class artists over five separate weekends.
- ONGOING – The Volcanic Theatre and Pub hosts live music that’ll move you. Check their calendar for live theatre and movies as well!
A Starry Night At The Observatory
- ONGOING – Come to the Oregon Observatory at Sunriver at night and view a guided constellation tour with experts.
Currently Playing Movies
- LIMITED ENGAGEMENTS:
- Friday, Nov. 29
- NATIONAL LAMPOON’S CHRISTMAS VACATION @ The Tower Theatre
- Saturday, Nov. 30
- Warren Miller’s TIMELESS @ Sisters High School
- Sunday, Dec. 1
- WHEN HARRY MET SALLY… (30th Anniversary) @ Regal Old Mill 16 & IMAX
- Monday, Dec. 2
- FAUSTINA: LOVE AND MERCY @ Regal Old Mill 16 & IMAX
- Tuesday, Dec. 3
- Wednesday, Dec. 4
- The Met Live In HD: AKHNATEN @ Regal Old Mill 16 & IMAX
- Friday, Nov. 29
- NEW RELEASES:
- REGULAR RELEASES:
- NEXT WEEK’S PREMIERS:
Click here for most movie times/theaters OR choose from the following:
- Fathom Events
For events elsewhere in Oregon, head to Travel Oregon’s Event Calendar.