Bend, Oregon Real Estate Find your perfect home in Bend, Oregon!
The City of Bend is the largest town in Oregon east of the Cascade Range and the fifth largest metropolitan area in the state overall. Its population of nearly 90,000 places it as a mid-sized town, however the scale of its buildings and streets reveals its very recent small town past. And yet, it has a number of characteristics of larger towns like Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco. High end restaurants, micro-breweries, art galleries, shopping centers, and an expansive parks & recreation system are just a few local attributes that rival the best of those larger cities.
The cosmopolitan nature of Bend is part of what draws visitors and retains permanent residents. People enjoy the relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The pristine, high desert environment and the outdoor recreation opportunities it affords is also significant attraction. It’s no wonder the town has tripled in size over the last thirty years. With Bend’s growth, there are a wide variety of homes and subdivisions to choose from. Whether you want to live in a nice residential subdivision, a resort condo, a rural farm, a city town home, a gated golf community, or a bare lot for you custom build – you’ll likely find your dream home in Bend, Oregon! For more information, please visit the Bend Chamber of Commerce.
Bend Area Real Estate Searches
Vacant Lot | Manufactured Home | Single-Family Home | Multi-Family | Condo | Townhouse | Shared Interest | Golf Community | Golf Course View | Mountain View | Water View | Farm | Horse Property | | Foreclosure | Short Sale | Commercial | Commercial-Lease | Open House
Popular Bend Neighborhood Searches
Aubrey Butte | Aubrey Glen | Aubrey Park | Awbrey Village | Brasada Ranch | Broken Top | Deschutes River Woods | Downtown Bend | The Highlands At Broken Top | Mill Quarter | North Rim On Aubrey Butte | Northwest Crossing | Old Mill Landing | Pronghorn | River Canyon Estates | RiverRim | River Bend Estates | River’s Edge Village | Shevlin Commons | Shevlin Ridge | Skyliner Summit | Tetherow | Three Pines Ridge | The Tree Farm | Widgi Creek | Woodside Ranch
Bend is large enough that it has been separated out into several distinct zip codes.
- 97701 covers the northeast section of town and includes the unincorporated communities of Alfalfa and Pronghorn resort.
- 97702 covers the south half of town including the subdivisions of Broken Top, Deschutes River Woods, Mount Bachelor Village Resort, The Old Mill District, Seventh Mountain Resort, and Tetherow among others.
- 97703 is the newest created zip code and includes the various sudivisions on and around Awbrey Butte, the unincorporated communities of Tumalo & Plainview, as well as rural areas along either side of HWY 20 toward Sisters.
- 97707 covers the unincorporated communities of Sunriver and Three Rivers South.
- 97708, and 97709 are also in use, but at this point only for post office boxes.
- 97712 covers the small, unincorporated communities of Brothers, Hampton, and Milican east of Bend on HWY 20.
Bend is often cited as one of only three cities in the continental United States that have an extinct volcano (or volcanoes) within their city limits. The other two being Portland (Mt. Tabor, Rocky Butte, Powell Butte, Kelly Butte, & Mt. Scott) and Jackson, Mississippi (the Jackson Volcano). However, this claim is only partially true. While Pilot Butte is usually singled out as the Bend volcano in question, Overtuff Butte and Aubrey Butte are also extinct volcanoes within the the city limits. Bend, Portland, and Jackson are also not unique in this regard. There are actually other central Oregon cities that feature volcanoes within their city limits. Like Portland and Bend, Redmond has several (Forked Horn Butte and Cinder Butte) and recent studies theorize that Prineville is actually located in the middle in of an ancient caldera! And every city & town in Hawaii is built upon one or more volcanoes.
- How To Use This Site
- Central Oregon
- Three Rivers South
- La Pine
- Powell Butte
- Luxury Properties
- Central Oregon Golf Course Communities
- Waterfront Properties
- Aviation Properties
- Destination Resorts
- Farm & Ranch Properites
- Gated Ranch Communities
- Horse Properties
- Three Rivers Recreation Area
- Black Butte Ranch
- Crooked River Ranch
- Eagle Crest
- Pronghorn Resort
- Brasada Ranch
- Caldera Springs
- Architectural Styles In Central Oregon Real Estate
- Foreclosures & Short Sales
- Open Houses