Bend, Oregon Real Estate Find your perfect home in Bend, Oregon!
Bend, Oregon Real Estate
The City of Bend is the largest town in Oregon east of the Cascade Range and the fifth-largest metropolitan area in the state overall. Its population of nearly 90,000 places it as a mid-sized town, however, the scale of its buildings and streets reveals its very recent small-town past. And yet, it has a number of characteristics of larger towns like Portland, Seattle, and San Francisco. High-end restaurants, micro-breweries, art galleries, shopping centers, and an expansive parks & recreation system are just a few local attributes that rival the best of those larger cities.
The cosmopolitan nature of Bend is part of what draws visitors and retains permanent residents. People enjoy the relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The pristine, high desert environment and the outdoor recreation opportunities it affords is also a significant attraction. It’s no wonder the town has tripled in size over the last thirty years. With Bend’s growth, there are a wide variety of homes and subdivisions to choose from. Whether you want to live in a nice residential subdivision, a resort condo, a rural farm, a city townhome, a gated golf community, or a bare lot for you custom build – you’ll likely find your dream home in Bend, Oregon! For more information, please visit the Bend Chamber of Commerce.
Bend is large enough that it has been separated out into several distinct zip codes.
- 97701 covers the northeast section of town and includes the unincorporated communities of Alfalfa and Pronghorn resort.
- 97702 covers the south half of town including The Old Mill District, Seventh Mountain Resort, and Tetherow among others.
- 97703 is the newest created zip code and includes Awbrey Butte, the unincorporated communities of Tumalo & Plainview, as well as rural areas along either side of HWY 20 toward Sisters.
- 97707 covers the unincorporated communities of Sunriver and Three Rivers South.
- 97708, and 97709 are also in use, but at this point only for post office boxes.
- 97712 covers the small, unincorporated communities of Brothers, Hampton, and Milican east of Bend on HWY 20.
Popular Bend Area Neighborhoods
The following is not intended to be a complete list of all recorded subdivisions in Bend, but rather a selection of some of the more popular ones.
North of HWY 20 and east of 3rd St. (in Bend) and HWY 97.
Boonesborough | Mirada | Northcrest | Northpointe | Oakview | Orchard Hill | Phoenix Park | Rooster Rock | Tamarack Park | Viewpoint Ridge | Wallace Acres | Yardley Estates
South of HWY 20 and east of 3rd St. (in Bend) and HWY 97.
| The Bridges | Foxborough | Hidden Hills | Lane Knolls | Larkspur | Mountain High | Stone Creek | Stonegate | Sundance | Sunridge | Sunset View Estates | Woodside Ranch
North of NW Franklin Ave., NW Riverside Blvd., NW Galveston Ave., and Skyliners Rd. and West of 3rd St. (in Bend) and HWY 97.
Aubrey Butte | Aubrey Glen | Aubrey Park | Awbrey Village | North Rim On Aubrey Butte | Northwest Crossing | Shevlin Commons | Shevlin Ridge | Skyliner Summit | The Tree Farm
South of NW Franklin Ave., NW Riverside Blvd., NW Galveston Ave., and Skyliners Rd. and West of 3rd St. (in Bend) and HWY 97.
Broken Top | Deschutes River Woods | Downtown Bend | The Highlands At Broken Top | Mill Quarter | Old Mill Landing | River Canyon Estates | RiverRim | River Bend Estates | River’s Edge Village | Tetherow | Widgi Creek
Bend, Oregon Real Estate Searches
Corner Lot | Green/LEED | Handicap-Equipped (Accessible) | Historic Property | New Construction | Manufactured Homes Allowed | Short-Term Rental | Paved Street | Public Water | Well | Sewer | Septic | Propane Utilities | Solar Utilities
Parking – RV/Boat | Carport | Garage (attached | detached) | Storage Buildings | Workshop | Barn | Guest House | Fenced Yard | Irrigation (agricultural) | Sprinkler System (lawn) | Patio | Deck | Hot Tub | Pool | Brick | Block Construction | Roof – Metal | Roof – Tile
Basement (finished | walk-out) | Bonus Room | Formal Dining | Great Room (kitchen, dining, & living in one large room) | Loft | Pantry | Master Downstairs | Two Master Suites | Walk-In Closet | Washer/Dryer In Unit | Central Air Conditioning | Fireplace | Heat – Electric | Heat – Gas | Carpet Floors | Hardwood Floors | Tile Floors
Bend is often cited as one of only three cities in the continental United States that have an extinct volcano (or volcanoes) within their city limits. The other two being Portland (Mt. Tabor, Rocky Butte, Powell Butte, Kelly Butte, & Mt. Scott) and Jackson, Mississippi (the Jackson Volcano). However, this claim is only partially true. While Pilot Butte is usually singled out as the Bend volcano in question, Overtuff Butte and Aubrey Butte are also extinct volcanoes within the city limits. Bend, Portland, and Jackson are also not unique in this regard. There are actually other central Oregon cities that feature volcanoes within their city limits. Like Portland and Bend, Redmond has several (Forked Horn Butte and Cinder Butte) and recent studies theorize that Prineville is actually located in the middle in of an ancient caldera! And every city & town (and indeed each and every home) in Hawaii is built upon one or more volcanoes.
Photo & Words by Mitch Darby.
- How To Use This Site
- Architectural Styles In Central Oregon Real Estate
- Open Houses
- Central Oregon
- Three Rivers South
- La Pine
- Powell Butte
- Camp Sherman
- Central Oregon Aviation Real Estate
- Central Oregon Destination Resorts
- Central Oregon Equestrian (Horse) Real Estate
- Central Oregon Farm & Ranch Real Estate
- Central Oregon Gated Ranch Communities
- Central Oregon Golf Course Communities
- Central Oregon Luxury Real Estate
- Central Oregon New Construction Real Estate
- Central Oregon Vacant Land Real Estate
- Central Oregon Waterfront Real Estate
- Three Rivers Recreation Area
- Black Butte Ranch
- Crooked River Ranch
- Eagle Crest
- Pronghorn Resort
- Brasada Ranch
- Caldera Springs
- Central Oregon Foreclosures & Short Sales